Answers Are Found Underground

'So this is Sector Seven,' Jenn thought to herself, mouth tight

After the large cargo elevator had reached the bottom floor, Simmons and Banacheck led the group down a long concrete tunnel. Jenn felt a blast of cold air race through the musty tunnel. Chill-bumps erupted all over her bare arms and up her torso. She had lost her plaid flannel somewhere along the way and only wore her old and stretched-out t-shirt. She reached up and nervously adjusted the ball cap on her head.

"All right, here's the situation," Simmons began lecturing as the group drew closer to the end of the tunnel. "You've all had direct contact with the NBEs."

"NBEs?" Lennox questioned from behind Jenn, already confused by Simmons.

"Non-Biological Extraterrestrials," he barked back, "Try and keep up with the acronyms."

Jenn felt the need to smack Simmons for the comment and she knew Will felt the same way when she saw him roll his eyes at the man.

But then, Jenn nearly fell over when she realized what Simmons had said. They had all been in contact with NBEs?

Non-Biological Extraterrestrials had to mean the Autobots, that much was obvious. She snuck a glance back over her shoulder and took in the state of her Special-Ops team. Both Will and Epps had scrapes on their face or neck and Jim walked with a noticeable limp. Fig had been severely injured and Donnie. She swallowed thickly. Donnie was missing from the group.

Her eyes narrowed as she looked ahead again. No, her team couldn't have come into contact with more Autobots. Optimus and his team explicitly operated under the principle that no harm should come to humans. Furthermore, Will wasn't eager to tell her what had happened. In fact, he said that she wouldn't believe him. The secrets surrounding the SOCCENT base attack whirled around in her head at high speeds. Comments from Simmons and Maggie that she had heard in the last 24 hours replayed inside her head.

"You knew about the attack on SOCCENT base and took leave just before the bomb fell, huh?"

"What kind of soldier would just leave her team behind to die? What did the aliens promise you, huh?"

"I was working at the Pentagon on the alien message left behind at the SOCCENT base attack."

If possible, Jenn's bright eyes narrowed even further. A hard crease formed between her full brows and that same dimple appeared in her cheek; the telling signs that something was bothering her. The thick mystery surrounding the SOCCENT base attack, the fact that her team was here- now- at Sector Seven, Agent Simmons accusing her of knowing of the base attack after confirming she was involved with 'aliens'.

All of it pointed to a singular hard truth: Her team had been in contact with Decepticons. It explained everything and Jenn was nearly fuming at herself for not drawing all the dots together before this moment.