Chapter 8 (Revised)

Start from the beginning

~~

You and Toby stood outside the cabin, as the two of you were walking he scooped up any dandelions or wildflowers he found, bunching them up into a makeshift bouquet. You didn't expect Toby's feelings to change so quickly, but I guess you have been dealing with things a lot stranger than an emotionally unstable teenager. At least now he was on your side, and wasn't treating you like utter crap.

Toby handed you the makeshift bunch of flowers, with a wide, toothy smile spread across his face.

"I-I wanted t-to give you a g-gift like you did for me, a-and I thought m-maybe flowers because g-girls like that sweet s-shit." You giggled and took the flowers out of his hand, giving him a tight hug.

"Thanks Toby." Toby didn't say anything in return, he just hummed with contentment. He pulled away, and slung his arm around your shoulder, the two of you making your way to the front door of the cabin. Unbeknownst to you, Masky watched from afar the whole time, not in the best of moods.

"W-We're gonna be b-best friends." Toby twisted the doorknob and kicked the door open, loudly announcing his presence. Masky jumped up in surprise, and turned around to see Toby in his doorway, with his arm around your shoulder. His eyes immediately went to the droopy mess of flowers you were holding in your hand. He looked up at Toby and could just see on his face how unusually happy he was.

"R-Ready to work?" Masky nodded, and stood up and just nodded, slowly walking over to you. Toby smiled, and wrapped his arms around you in a tight hug. He shook you around, causing you to laugh in response. Masky could hardly look without feeling sick to his stomach. The laughter and the hugging was certainly not his cup of tea.

"I'll be out in a second, I just need to talk to (y/n)." Toby paused, and looked up at Masky. He let you go and pet your head gingerly.

"S-See you later." he turned around and walked out, Masky promptly closing the door behind him. He walked towards you, until your back hit the door and you were trapped there between Masky and the door. He put his arm up on the door, further blocking you in.

"You wanna explain to me what the hell that was all about?" You shrunk back, not knowing who you were dealing with here. You hesitated for a moment, not knowing what to do. You had a feeling this was Masky who was fronting right now. But i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Am I talking to Tim... or Masky?" Masky just froze, not saying a word.

"So you know, is that why you spent all afternoon being buddy buddy with twitchy?" You nodded, remembering what Toby was telling you.

Don't fight with Masky, that's a fight you can't win.

You stood there, trying not to appear confrontational or angry. It wasn't hard, I mean you were scared out of your wits.

"Take a wild guess, who do you think you're talking to?" He was angry, you didn't need more than two brain cells to figure that out. This checked all the boxes: Angry, Quiet, and an asshole.

"Is this... Masky?" He chuckled.

"Bingo." He lifted up his mask very slightly, and the smell of cigarette smoke hit you like a brick wall. He leaned in closer to your face, to whisper something in your ear.

"When I get back we have a lot to talk about." He slammed his fist against the door, making you jump. You tried to gasp, but it came out as just a squeak. He snickered, and backed away from you. He picked you up and flung you over his shoulder carrying you over to the couch. He threw you down onto the couch and stood there looming over you.

"And it'll be me you're talking to, it's been a while since we've chatted sunshine. Have dinner ready for me when I get home." Masky walked out the door, slamming it behind him. You laid on the couch, processing what just happened to you. You were red in the face, the smell of cigarettes lingering in your nose. What did he want to talk about? What's gonna happen once you're alone with Masky? What's gonna happen when you're alone with Tim? You had so many questions. All you could do was hope that Tim was the one who came home to you that night, not Masky.

~~

Rain started to pour from the summer night sky. The smell of pine was pungent in the air, and Tim trudged back through the muddy forest back to his cabin. He was covered in blood, now soaked from the rain. The last kill of the night was always exhausting, and all he wanted was to go home and go to bed. The kills of the night were faint, hazy, memories for him. He was exhausted, and a cigarette sounded better than anything.

He had a vague memory of needing to talk to (y/n) about something, but couldn't place it. If he couldn't remember it probably wasn't important. He took his shoes off outside the door, and walked in with soaking wet socks. He sighed, and took off his wet coat, hanging it on his coat hanger. He immediately saw you, sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of alfredo pasta. You looked up from your food, and immediately looked away.

"Hey, did you make enough for me?" He sat down across from you, and you nodded furiously and jumped up from your chair, making him a bowl.

"It's still hot, just how you like it." You pushed the bowl towards him, and sat back down swiftly.

"Oh, thank you." Tim lifted his mask to eat, but paused when he caught you staring at him. He sighed, and pulled his mask back down.

"At this rate I'm never gonna eat, what do you want?" You jumped back, and your eyes darted away from him.

"You- uh I mean I think it was you... Masky said he wanted to talk to me, and he seemed a tinybitmad..." Your voice got quiet, blending your words together nervously. Tim was so tired and exasperated at this point, doing a messy cleanup of whatever Masky left behind wasn't something that appealed to him.

"Well you're talking to Tim, so stop being such a worry wart and let me eat my dinner." You nodded, and played with your food. You couldn't help but shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen, something involving Masky.

"Is Masky mad at me?" Tim lurched back into his chair in an annoyed way, letting out a loud groan.

"He's going to be mad at you if you don't let us eat, Masky gets very cranky when he's hungry and if you have as much anxiety about talking to him as it looks like you do, then a hangry Masky is much much worse than a hangry me, and you're currently dealing with a very hangry Tim!" You shrunk back, and just nodded in response.

"Thank you!" Tim yelled sarcastically. You ate your food, occasionally taking glances up at him to observe whether or not he was still Tim. Tim knew you were watching, and came up with a solution.

"Look, I get you're nervous, Masky has an... intimidating presence." Tim lifted off his mask, and you saw his real face for the first time ever.

"Since I've come to live here I found myself wearing my mask full time, but I used to only really wear it when Masky was fronting." He set his mask down on the table next to him.

"If for some reason, If Masky is fronting and I'm not wearing this mask, you'll be able to read my facial expressions a little better, does that make sense?" You nodded, and a wave of relief crashed over you, for many reasons. You had to admit, you thought he was handsome. His dark brown hair was pushed to one side, wet from the rain. He had deep brown eyes, and a small amount of stubble. He caught you staring at him, and smirked.

"What? Like what you see?"