"I must say Miss Kim," the lawyer put down his half empty glass after a couple of minutes of silence. "You're doing much better than I thought you would be."

"Why?" Jennie ached a brow. "Because I'm a little girl?"

A low chuckle came along with the reply, "With a nice memory, no doubt."

"I don't easily forget things."

"Not holding grudges, I hope?" Kim Taehyung's smile was so kind that it had to be fake.

"You never know," Jennie replied, staring at him over the rim of her glass. "If I were you, I wouldn't try me."

"Fair enough," the man eyed her, making Jennie uneasy once again.

She was getting more and more frustrated as the time went by. She had a couple of ideas in her mind about his intentions.

First one was that he planned to use their company to cover some of the things he did in the past. Jennie had known that Kim Taehyung had a ton of dirt and worse on his hands – as any other powerful figure in the business world did. And it was known by everyone in the business world that Jeon Group combined with Lee Group was the ultimate protection what with their connections to the deep roots of the government. So when you considered all of these, it was only natural to assume that. But then Jennie had decided that if the man had managed to get out of the depths of the hell that was America, he would have his own connections to save his ass.

So her second idea was that he was planning to use the company to get into even more dirty businesses. Because the dirtier the business is, the more money it would bring. Jennie had found out that there were a couple of times Kim Taehyung was robbed off of his very profitable deals and Jennie also learnt that he was excellent at holding grudges – and avenging them, at that. All of his so-called 'enemies' that did him dirty were somehow found deep in shit or worse after some time, what a coincidence, right? Just like his poor father. Taking the deals he lost hadn't been a problem after all that happened, with double or triple amounts of money, of course.

Finally, the third one was to somehow root and engrave his name and to create reputation for himself and his company in the deepest and darkest parts of the web that was the business world. Once you were known for something in that deep and dark web, so strong and sticky that it's impossible to get yourself out of, it was permanent. You'd have the ropes of your field and leashes of the some of the most dangerous 'animals' that would protect and cover for you. And what any other better way to reach deep down there than the already established and safely rooted Jeon Group – who helped to create the web decades ago?

Her mind full of these ideas and reasons, Jennie was analysing his every move, every expression, every look in his eyes. He had the audacity to call her a 'little girl' but this little girl had more information about him than he would think she had.

He wasn't the only one with the connections, after all.

Jennie had to learn and dive deep into the filth of this world, her world, almost at the moment she signed her first official paper with her title under her name, it had felt good at the time.

Kim Jennie

Executive Manager

She had to learn how to read people and spot their weaknesses while carefully hiding hers. Though when it came to Jungkook she was failing miserably but then again, she would rather her tendency to burn the fucking world down for the boy known instead of people trying to get their hands on him all the time.

She would rip their heads off with her bare hands.

And it was known that despite her young age, she was someone to be feared of when it came to matters involving her little cousin.