Epilogue

A/N: TA-DAAAH!!

I was gonna wait for the anniversary of the book (which is November 5) but after long and detailed discussions with my baby xxthelastending (45 seconds) I decided to publish it now! I wrote nearly 18K of happy endings for you, you deserve it ❤️

I hope I didn't make too many mistakes and I hope you like it ❤️ 

After glancing around once more, Lisa backed to the wall as much as possible, trying to make herself invisible. Then she reached into her pocket and took the reason why she had been planning to hide all day; a big, delicious chocolate bar.

Knowing maybe she didn't have much time, she ripped the wrapping and took a bite. Her eyes closed happily. There wasn't one single logical reason for keeping her from this happiness, she knew it and that was why she was so angry at them. But at this moment, she wasn't going to let anyone take her chocolate time from her, even if the world was burnt down to ashes.

She was half way done when she heard the familiar sirens of an ambulance and she hid even more, cursing her luck. She just hoped for another doctor to rush in. A lot of her colleagues were on break, probably. So she took another bite as the ambulance stopped in front of the emergency entrance and its doors opened and paramedics jumped down hurriedly. It was anytime now that someone rushed out. Carefully hiding herself again, Lisa peeked around the corner to see which doctor came.

Except, no one did.

"Someone look over here!!!" the medic shouted as they brought the stretcher out and the nurse on call rushed out towards the medics. Defeated by her curiosity, Lisa peeked again. There was a lot of blood, a lot of panic and too many beeps of the patient's pulse. Moving her neck to see better, Lisa leant forward a bit more.

"Professor Manoban, thank god!" the emergency nurse's relieved voice reached her ears.

"Ah, fuck!" Lisa groaned. She looked at the half eaten chocolate sadly and put it into her pocket again. Barely managing to move out she glanced at the nurse and the paramedics who were frozen in panic.

"I'm not supposed to be here!" she hissed at them. "I'm supposed to be in my office!"

"But Professor –"

Well, since she was here and had gotten caught, she might as well take this case, Lisa thought. Pushing her hair back, Lisa went closer as quick as possible and looked at the stretcher. The person was covered in blood and at least five medics crowded around him. Three of them were pressing on different parts of the body to stop bleeding, one of them was trying to pump oxygen into his lungs and the other was tightening the bandages that kept his ankles from moving.