Chapter 8

A/N- The picture up above is Lavender's workout clothes, but instead of red imagine it light pink-ish.

Lavender's POV

I like holding hands with Logan. He makes me feel safe and gives me butterflies in my tummy. But when we entered the gym the butterflies turned to bats and I wanted to hide.

"Why are you guys late?" I'm assuming our physical education teacher yelled from across the gym. He was tall, but not as much as Alex. He was sporting a blue athletic short sleeve shirt and has a whistle hanging around his neck. I held onto Logan's hand tighter as he approaches us with his clipboard in his hands and a whistle hanging from his lips.

Logan brought me slightly behind him before answering, "They're new here and I was just showing them around." His answer was confident, even though it was a lie. He wasn't showing us around, it's my fault because they were both trying to help me calm down from my teeny little episode. I didn't want Logan to get in trouble for lying so I say out the first thing that came to mind.

"It's my fault! I-I had a tiny little fit, I'm so sorry. I pinky s-swear it won't happen again." I maneuver myself so that I'm in front of him and even hold put my pinky towards the gym teacher to let him know how serious I am. I've never broken a pinky swear after Alex told me that if I do then he would have to take my pinky away. And I love my pinky, so no. Never going to happen.

The gym teacher looks down at me and smirks. He sighs in mock disappointment and looks down at his clipboard. "Fine. Make this a warning then, don't be late to my class again. Now go get dressed, you guys have five minutes." He says as he stares down at me in a way that has me retreating behind Logan.

I turn around and look at Alex. "Can I please have my clothes?" He swings his bag over his front side and pulls out a plastic grocery bag that has my clothes in them. All the while, Mr. Teacher-man disappeared and Logan is looking at us curiously. I jump a tiny bit when Mr. Butthead blows his whistle and points at us and then the locker rooms.

"Go change sweetheart and when you're done we'll be waiting right here for you." Alex says softly, all the while gently giving me a little push in the direction of the locker room.

"Okay bye!" I call put from behind me and don't get the chance to hear them before I'm already inside.

The first thing that catches my eye is the familiar back of my new best friend. She doesn't seem to be paying attention, which may be because she's changing, so I decide to activate ninja-mode. Very stealthily, I lay my bag down on the bench next to me and cringe slightly at the crinkling of the plastic bag. Thankfully, my actions go unnoticed because of the rest of the commotion going on. I'm almost done with my mission and take a mental pause to figure out what to do next because I've honestly never quite made it this far.

I'm three tiny tip-toes away from her when she suddenly freezes halfway through putting her shirt on. I still, silently slapping my hands in front of my mouth to smother any unwanted noises from escaping. She fiddles with her locker door for a second before fully clothing herself.

"You know I can hear you, right?" She laughs turning around and crossing her arms over her chest. I heave out a heavy sigh and plop down on the bench right next to her.

"H-How though? I was be s-so quiet this time."

"You call that quiet? Everybody from here to Antarctica could practically hear your bag." She tells me sarcastically, a smile evident on her face.

"Wh-Whatever" I huff underneath my breath and in turn she laughs.

"You should probably get changed before we get in trouble by coach." She tells me, as I grab my bag and continue to change. Once I finish she tosses her arm over my shoulder and guides me out of the locker room.