Chapter 4

Lavender's POV

After having English with Sawyer, she led me to my second class, which happened to be art. Once she said her goodbyes and left, I took a seat in the back of the class and prayed that the teacher wouldn't make me introduce myself. I've always been uncomfortable speaking in front of crowds and tend to stutter a lot and it always makes people mad and I don't want anyone to be mad at me, especially on my first day.

After the late bell rang, the class settled down started to get out their supplies. I frowned once a few minutes passed by and the teacher still wasn't in the class. I turned to the girl next to me and lightly tapped her shoulder. She had strawberry colored hair and the freckles that adorned her skin was shown through the very bright pink cropped shirt that she wore. She was really, really pretty. Once she faced my direction her sparkly covered eyes narrowed and her nose scrunched up in disgust.

"What the hell do you want?" She stated rather loudly, which seemed to gather the attention of the few classmates that surrounded us, which wasn't much considering the class was farely small.

I blushed at the attention we were receiving before I managed to stutter out, "I-I was just wondering if you knew w-when the teacher would be he-here."

Before she could reply a man that looked to be in his fifties dressed in a white collared shirt underneath a plaid sweater vest stumbled through the door with a stacks of papers in his hand, as well as a coffee mug and a few books. He seemed to be struggling, so I stood out of my seat and made my way to the front of the room to carry some of the load before anything fell. His face seemed more relaxed now that he had less to carry and he looked down at me considering my height and smiled.

"Thank you sweetheart. That was very kind of you." He smiled greatfully before he placed what was left in his arms on his desk before taking the books and a few stacks of paper from my hands and putting them on the desk as well.

"What's your name?" He gently asked. He reminded me of my grandpa, with his gentle smile and voice.

"Lavender, s-sir." I stutter and my cheeks flush once I take a peak at the rest of the class to see their all staring at our exchange.

"Well hello there Lavender, my names Mr. Mane and I'll be your art teacher for the rest of the year." He holds or his hand and I gently shake it. "Class this is our new student Lavender. Make sure to make her feel welcomed." He calls out to the classroom and I hear a couple of 'yes Mr. Mane' and see a bunch of head nods. He motions to the desks and I go back to the seat I originally sat at and pull out my notebook, ready to take some notes.

I was writing down about the different art techniques that Mr. Mane was talking about when I feel a tug on my hair. I turn towards the girl with really pretty hair and see her fiddling with a piece of my hair.

"Do you dye it?" She asks tugging at it again which causes an ache to form on my head. I don't want to be rude and just pull away, but I also didn't want the teacher to get mad at me for talking.

"Pardon?"

"Your hair. Do you dye it?" She reiterates, although she seems a bit irritated that she had to ask again. She once again yanks at my hair and I whimper out when my head follows the action.

I really don't want to draw anymore attention to us than I already have so I grip my pencil and softy speak out. "Ca-can you please let go of m-my hair?"

"You didn't answer my question." She smirks and gives my hair another pull. My head starts to throb and a tears threatens to escape my eyes.

"N-no, I don't dye i-it. Can you p-please let go of my h-hair now?" I ask her again and this time she finally does. I sigh in relief as I feel the headache I had start to dull down. I guess she didn't mean to tug as hard as she did. My head has always been a little sensitive since I banged it a while back. I don't remember how it happened and Alex never tells me when I ask him.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." She sends me a sympathetic smile, but I could see her eyes glowing with something else.

"It's okay I guess, you didn't mean it." I tell her honestly, I didn't want to look like a cry-baby so I discreetly wiping my tears with my arm.

The door to the classroom suddenly flew opened which caused me to jump ten feet in the air and hit my knee on the edge of the table. I winced at the pain that spread through my knee. I drew my leg up on my seat, mindful of my dress, and rubbed my aching knee. I wasn't paying any attention to the commotion going on around me because of my current injuries on both my head and knee, so I didn't particularly notice a tall beautiful man enter the room until he stood right in front of me with concern evident in his eyes.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Okay everybody this is my fourth chapter and I hoped you enjoyed. I also wanted to thank you you for the 200 reads, it really means a lot to me and I truly and deeply appreciate it. If you happen to find any errors in the story I would glady fix them. Have a good day everybody!!