Chapter 3

Logan's POV

"And then I was like, 'you're a fucking idiot.' And then she was like, 'well you're a fucking retard.' I mean, like, can you believe her." My latest hookup, Bethany or Harmany or something that ends with an 'any' said, nasal congested and all. She had been talking my ear off about how her and her best friend got into an argument about how many carbs she could have in order to maintain her figure. Which was about half a slice of bread. I tuned her out as soon as I saw one of my best friends, Ethan, walk through the school doors.

"Listen that's cool and all Bethany, but I got to go." I told her putting both my hands on her shoulders to move her out of my way. Her faced morphed into one of anger and she slapped me across the face. It didn't hurt, but it did surprise me.

"It's Brittany, bitch." She flipped her hair over her shoulder and strutted off, swaying her non-existent ass.

"What the fuck was that about?" Ethan said as soon as he reached me. I just shrugged and hiked my backpack higher up my shoulder. We had a few minutes until we had to get to class, so we just decided to go meet up with the rest of the group behind the school.

As we were walking down the hall, someone had the balls to bump into me. "What the fuck man? Can you not see where the fuck your going?" I grit out, resisting the urge to punch him in the face. He was about the same height as me, 6'4, looked pretty decent, and seemed to have some potential.

"Sorry man, didn't mean to bump into you, I'm new here. Mind showing me where Ms. Dawson's class is?" He asked me. Not at all intimidated by my demeanor. Huh, that's the first. I look at Ethan, silently gesturing to the new kid and he nods, smirking like the fucking dumbass he is.

"Yeah sure dude, no problem. I have her first period anyways. I'm Logan and this is Ethan," I say gesturing to where Ethan is standing beside me. I decide against going outside and instead show him to where Ms. Dawson's class is. Ethan makes this lame excuse that he needs to go use the bathroom, but I know it's all bullshit because he wants to go see if Sawyer is hanging outside.

"My names Alex by the way." He says as we turn the the corner of the hallway.

"Nice to meet you Alex. My bad for back there, I've just been in a shitty mood lately and just a heads up, Ms. Dawson is a bitch so just don't try in her way." I say giving him a brief summary of our first class teacher.

"Thanks for the help man." He says gratefully, but I just shrug it off.

"If you want, you could come have lunch with us? I'll introduce you to everyone." I say as we walk into our first hour. I lead Alex into the back row and we take our seats and continue to talk, seeing as though we have about four minutes until class starts.

"I appreciate the offer man, but I have to have lunch with my little sister. And she doesn't do well with with crowds so I think we're just going to steer clear for a little bit." He says apologetically and I understand what he means. My little sister, Sawyer, was really shy and quiet before she started dating Ethan. I wasn't okay with it at first, but when I saw how happy he made her and how he broke her out of her shell, I understood that he was good for her.

"I completely understand dude, my sister was the same way. How about you invite her to lunch with us and she could possibly hang out with my sister." I inquire and he thinks about it for a second before hesitantly nodding.

"I know we barely know each other and all, but could you possibly watch out for her? If you see her in any of your classes today or just in the halls in general. Just make sure she's okay?" He asks unsurely, probably thinking it's a weird question to ask someone you barely know, which it was, but his intentions were good natured so I guess it's okay. I nod and he continues.

"Her name's Lavender. She's really short and wearing this fucking white dress thing." He informed me about his little sister and made sure to listen carefully so I could tell the others too.

"Yeah, okay. I'll make sure to look out for her and tell everybody else to look out too." I finalize as Ms. Dawson walks in with a scowl on her face. She sets her bag on her desk and blows out an exasperated breathe and looks around and her eyes narrow at the sight of me.

"Mr. Smith,  I see you finally decided to show up on time." She hisses and I just shrug my shoulders and look back at Alex, I was going to say something, but got cut off by the bell. Ms. Dawson turns around and writes something on the whiteboard.

"Okay, students listen up. We have a new student today, correct?" She pauses for a second waiting for confirmation and points her attention to Alex. "So, would you like to tell us something about yourself?"

"Not really." Alex admits under his breath before standing up, "But my best guess is that that's not an option. My name's Alex White and I have a little sister and we moved here from Washington."

"Does anyone want to ask Mr. White any questions before we move on?" Ms. Dawson asked and in the blink of an eye, about fifteen hands are thrown up in the air. The majority of them being girls. Ms. Dawson picks on a girl who readjusts her bra to make her boobs pop out.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asks, her voice scratchy.

"Uh, no." Alex answers awkwardly as he scratches the back of his neck. Before she could ask another question Ms. Dawson picks on Daniel, a guy from the back of the class who was wearing a varsity jacket. He was the schools quarterback and infamous dickhead. When I took Sawyer to one of his parties, back when she was still shy, he drugged her drink and tried to do some things that she wasn't too comfortable with and when I found out, I knocked him right on his ass. Ever since then he steers clear of both Sawyer and me.

"Are you going to try out for football?" He smirks and does a bro handshake with another equally douchy football player.

"Yeah. At my last school I was the quarterback, so I guess you could say I'm pretty decent." Alex answers back confidently and I have to cover up my laugh at the expression on Daniel's face. Daniel's face contorts in fear and anger. He doesn't like when people challenge him, although when it comes down to it, he'll run away like the pussy he is.

"Okay that's enough with the questions. Everybody get out your textbooks and flip to page one fifty-two." She states out loud and everybody groans out loud, but still follow her instructions.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A/N- okay here is the third chapter. I know it sucks, but I just needed to get something down. Anyways if you find any mistakes, feel free to point them out and I will gladly fix them. Have a good day everyone.