Chapter 5

Logan's POV

The bell rang signaling the end of first period and Alex and I were out of there before the teacher dismissed the class. After dropping Alex off at Trig, I decided that I didn't really want to go to art.

I was wondering down the hall until I found the back doors to school that lead to our secret hideout. Or at least secret from the school's staff. As my hand reached out to pull open the doors to my safe haven, my name was being called out by my very angry little sister.

"LOGAN ALEXANDRA SMITH! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" She screamed from across the hallway, her face as red as a tomato as she stalked towards me with her binder underneath one hand and the other clutching her phone so hard I was surprised it didn't break. Damn it. I was so close.

I slowly pivoted with a guilty smile spread across my face, ready for the shit she was about to rain down on me. I'm not one to be known to be afraid of much, but my sister is definitely an exception. "Nice to see you too my dear, loving, forgiving sister. How are you doing this morning?" I asked her as I did my best to hold in a cringe as her face turned an even brighter shade of red, if that was even possible. Once she reached me, I was taken off guard when she thrusted her heavy binder into my chest. I stumbled back a few steps and was about to complain before she held up her pointer finger and jutted out her hip and pressed her phone against her ear.

Almost immediately, she relaxed as she spoke to whoever was on the phone. "Sorry my love, but I have to take care of my brother for a second. I'll see you during lunch okay?" As she waited for an answer with heartfelt eyes. I was momentarily struck with how similar she looked to my mom when she spoke to my dad.

"...Lo?" Sawyer spoke as she pocketed her phone and began to tap her foot.

"Huh?" I answered dumbly as I shuffled her binder further up in my arms.

"I called you like five times. Are you okay?" She asked with worry, but I just shrugged her off before she remembered why she was here. Her eyes narrowed as she crossed her arms over her chest and gave me a 'do not mess with me' face. "Why aren't you in class? Hell, you're not even going to graduate at this rate if you keep on skipping." She irritatedly threw her hands up.

"Hey, got to keep up my image somehow." I joked to lighten the mood, but she just shot me a look.

"You're gonna have a real hard time keeping that image up without the actual image." She gestured towards my body before abruptly reaching on her tippy toes and pulling my ear.

"Next time I catch you skipping I'm going to bury you so far up in the mountains not even God can find you. You got that." She seethed.

"Ow- shit Sawyer! Let go-"