Chapter 6

Lavender's POV

I try my hardest to ignore his gaze as he leans next to me and whispers in my ear, "What's your name, gorgeous?"

"L-lavender." I answer back and want to kick myself for stuttering again. He probably didn't want to be friends anymore because of it. Dejective, I turn back to the front of the room. I look down at my hand that was covered with his and gather the courage to apologize for stuttering, then maybe he'll forgive me.

I take a deep breath and give our hands a little tug and he stares down at me in question. "U-um I-" I clear my throat and sit up a little straighter but keep my eyes are on our hands. I don't want him to have any reason not to be friends with me. "I just wanted to say I-I'm sorry if my stuttering bothered you, but s-sometimes I can't help it. It just happens when I'm n-nervous or when I meet new people or if I'm e-ever uncomfy. N-not that you make me u-" He interrupts my nervous rant with a light chuckle.

"It's alright sweetness, I don't mind your stuttering." He tells me gently as if he was talking to a child. I let out a sigh in relief and bouce in my seat when I remember the cookies I made last night. Well, technically momma made them since last time I touched the stove I accidentally burnt Ally's hair. But I did mix it, so that must count for something.

"Do y-you want to try a cookie I m-made last night?" I ask sheepishly as I begin to reach for my bag. It kind of required two hands to open so I hesitantly slip mine out of his much larger one and shake off the feeling I get at the loss of his warmth. It doesn't last long before he wrapped his arm around the back of my chair and softly ran his fingers through my hair. It was amazing how much it soothed my headache, which was very much opposite of how it felt when the very pretty girl next to me played my hair.

I lean down and open the zipper to my bookbag and retrieve the little baggy that had five of my favorite cookies. Chocolate chip. I zip up my bag and sit back up and offer him a cookie, which he takes with a small smile on his face. I turn to my left side and offer the girl a cookie too. She scoffs and shakes her head no. I give her a smile and take a cookie out for myself, taking tiny bites to savor the flavor.

"What's your n-name?" I timidly ask. It was rude of me to not have asked him for his name earlier and I felt really bad about it.

"My name's Logan, sweetness." He says as he finishes up his cookie. I give him another one and he glady takes it. I put the baggy back in my bag to save some for Ally and Sawyer. In the corner of my eye I can see Logan stuff the whole cookie in his mouth leaving crumbs all over his face and on the desk. I let out a giggle and use the napkins I had in my bag to wipe the crumbs.

Once I finish up cleaning his face I place the napkin on the table when suddenly a wave of tiredness hit me. I let out a big yawn and tentatively lean my head on Logan's shoulder.

"You smell good." I murmured drowsily, taking a big wiff of his cologne, I heard him let out a light chuckle before he pulled me closer into him.

"Thank you sweetheart. What do I smell like exactly?" I heard him say amusedly.

"...Chocolate chip pancakes and... cookie dough." I tell him softly. Or maybe I'm just hungry. He gently runs his fingers through my hair again, lulling me to sleep.

"Go to sleep sweetness. I'll wake you up when class is over."

"...Okay, goodnight Logy."

"Goodnight."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I'm so sorry for the incredibly short chapter. I just started school so that has been taking up the majority of my time. Thank you for all of the reads and votes and for taking a chance on my story. It means the whole world to me and I am so very grateful. If you happen to find any mistakes than feel free to comment and I will gladly fix them. Also, special thanks to zamami321 for helping editing this story and
WINKYFAIRYX11 for being such an amazing friend and incredible writer. Make sure to check out both of their amazing books. Thank you guys again and have a good day!