[ Chapter 15: A Familiar Fate ]

A white cloud of smoke engulfed the room, giving the area more of an eerie atmosphere

A white cloud of smoke engulfed the room, giving the area more of an eerie atmosphere. The silhouettes came into motion, one could be heard one over the other. Younger Akira stationed himself to his father's side, his hands gripping his pants while his father covered his vision with his arms. The other two figures disappeared as they have not yet appeared in the event yet. Akira locked eyes with his father's while frowning, "Hey Father?.." Akira said, his voice barely audible.

"Yes, son?"

"Am I a bad person?" He asked, his father softly escaped a sigh, slightly startled by the sudden concerning question from his son. He picked up his son from the ground and hugged him tightly upon his chest, his arms embracing his figure, "No, Why would you think that" he replied and Akira left out a slight smile, still filled with sadness, "Mother said I'm the reason why you and her are fighting all the time...". Akira's father shook his head intensely, denying any fact that his son's statement were true. It hurt him knowing that fact that Akira had to witness the pain of separation as he wished he could do more to support him without the presence of his wife in the picture.

He sighed, his face showcasing an exaggerated frown that he didn't intend of showing, he tried covering his sadness with a swift smile but his son wasn't buying any of it. Akira frowned, nudging his face on his father's neck, attempting to cheer him up, "Are you okay Father?" He said, "I didn't mean to make you sad...". Once again his father shook his head in denial, fighting the embrace of his son upon his arms, "Yes, I'm fine, Akira" he smiled, "Just don't think that ever again okay? Just know that your father is the only person that you need right now, don't worry about your Mother."

Younger Akira nodded in understanding as his eyes trailed to his father's face. He could see the pain deep within his eyes, the pair that were hiding away in a facade of emotions.

"I promise I won't say stuff like that again." Akira stated, cupping his father's face with his small pale palms, playing with his cheeks that shifted into a gradient tint of red, "You're the only person I need!".

"Good." His father chuckled. The room faded like dust as if blown by the wind. The overall scene had shifted and amongst them, there was a new environment to be met with. The scene felt familiar like it was filtering at the back of their minds yet they didn't know what the feeling meant. It was an odd feeling that emerged out of the blue. Haru instantly recognised the picture as her eyes trailed to the night scenery of the background.

A long road with a faint light illuminating from the street lamps, seemingly looking like a peaceful neighbourhood. A grown Akira, aged around his teens with his current appearance being displayed, wore a blank t-shirt with trousers shaded in greys and blacks, to accompany his pale skin. He looked scared, like he feared for the worst. His slender fingers clenched tightly into a ball, shaking with fury.

There was a woman, fairly young looking with long black hair that draped to her waist. She wore a snow white blouse accompanied by a simple black formal skirt, mid high red heels to cover her pale feet. Her face showed off shame and utter disappointment like she let someone down. In front of her was a tall and fairly built male with little to no hair to be shown upon his head as his brightly coloured glasses contrasted his worn out and creased black suit. He was trying to maintain his balance, wobbling his stance, grasping the woman with all his might.

"Someone help me!" The woman cried desperately, forcefully attempting to break any form of his grasp, "Please...".

The man only looked more frustrated by the passing minute "Stop making this hard for me!" He exclaimed, "Shut up and get in the damn car!" He tried to force her into the vehicle, using all of his strength while also maintaining his balance. His attempt failed once again as he found himself being pushed back by a sudden force he did not predict. Feeling his balance become loose, the man fell to the floor, colliding his head to the edge of his car.

He was met with the crimson red liquid of blood that drizzled down the centre of his face, a wound became present and it angered him. Dearly. The Phantom Thieves watched as Akira stumbled backwards slightly, protecting the woman from the man as he watched him get up, looking at Akira with utmost displeasure.

"Damn Brat! I'll sue!" he exclaimed before eyeing the woman in rage, "Hey. Make this statement to the police. 'This guy suddenly attacked me.' Got it? If you even try to say anything else, you know what'll happen to you, right?"

The scene faded and before the Phantom Thieves could blink an eye, their attention narrowed to Akira who stood in utter fear as 2 policeman captured both of his arms, dragging him to the police car. The last thing he saw was the regret and shame that engulfed the woman as she watched the boy who protected him, step into that police car out of defence. Everything paused, became mute as if the world had suddenly stopped.

"The world is full of unfairness, shitty adults rule society like its their kingdom and the young are left to suffer and survive." A voice emerged, "Even if I didn't protect that woman, I would somehow find my way back in a year's worth of labels. The name of criminal sticks with you till the end and it's all their fault. It's everyone's fault!"