SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
"Have hope"

     BOTH MELISSA AND TONY FLEW UP to the portal, each going at a fast pace and almost turning it into a race

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

BOTH MELISSA AND TONY FLEW UP to the portal, each going at a fast pace and almost turning it into a race. The aliens, that Melissa assumed were the Chitauri, screeched and yelled in slurs neither of them could understand nor decipher.

Whilst Tony used his suit rocket launchers, Melissa's heat vision burned through the air, melting into the Chitauri's small vessels. She soared up, throwing her fist into one of the ships and tearing the alien off, throwing it down.

But the two strong Avengers were no match for the horde.

Below them, citizens watched, gasping in astonishment and fear as Superhuman and Iron Man attempted to fight the aliens. Chitauri aliens flew down, not hesitating to fire at the innocent bystanders.

Explosion flew through the streets, New York City's inhabitants trying to escape and survive, ducking under shelter to save themselves.

Astonished gasps turned into screams, screams turned into silence as some weren't fast enough.

"Stark, where are the others!" Melissa exclaimed as she tore a ship in half before firing her heat vision through many more.

"Coming!" he urged as he flew away, a trail of uncontrollable chitauri following him.

Melissa looked back, firing her heat vision again before glancing down at the dedtruction below. Loki and Thor began there own duel, fighting brother against brother at Stark Tower, ignoring the war that was raging.

The blonde gasped when she saw the Chitauri's laser hit Stark's sign, loosening the letting. She heard it creak distantly and noticed the people at the bottom.

Shoving a few of the Chitauri out the way, Melissa pushed her fist in front of her and soared down to the streets below. Her eyes narrowed at the sign, her hearing easily picking up on the terrified screams from the innocent citizens.

She pushed herself, her cape flapping uncontrollably behind her as the wind tangled bits of her blonde hair. Melissa past the letter that had fallen off, locking her hands under it and digging her fingers into the side. Her strength dented the metal slightly but she had hold.

Her eyes slammed shut as she slowly floated to the ground, gently placing the large letter next to her so it wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Superhuman!"

Melissa gasped for air due to the speed she just went at, looking around the street to see some citizens watching her. A mother held her son tightly in her arms, the son pointing at the person that just saved them.

She smiled, giving the young boy a small wave before raising her voice so the street could hear her.

"Get inside and stay out of the streets," she instructed slowly floating into the air, seeing more astonished reactions like they couldn't believe that the 'Superhuman' was in their home. "The... The Avengers will make sure everything is alright, you gotta hang in there and stay safe... Have hope."