SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
"Then don't touch our stuff"

      MELISSA AGREED TO GETTING A LIFT in the Quinjet despite being able to get to the carrier quicker by flying

      MELISSA AGREED TO GETTING A LIFT in the Quinjet despite being able to get to the carrier quicker by flying. She also thought that it'd be best for her to go with them in case Loki decides to try and trick them, or escape.

She sat in the front, next to Natasha, with her legs crossed in the seat as the jet soared through the night. Her arms were crossed whilst her cape draped over the back of the seat. She couldn't not think about her best friend, knowing that Loki had control of her.

"Is he saying anything?" Fury asked over the comms.

Melissa shook her head, knowing Fury wouldn't even be able to see it. "Not a word."

She had to wait till they got the demigod back to the SHIELD base and in a cell, then she could question him about Reyna. She just wanted to know that her best friend was alright and unharmed.

"Just get him here, we're low on time," he instructed before disconnecting.

Melissa nodded to herself, drumming her fingers against her knee as she focused ahead.

"I don't like it," Steve whispered to Tony, he watched Loki very intensly.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?"

"I don't remember it being that easy," Steve continued, looking back to Loki, who was seeming quite content with his place there. It made Steve's suspicions rise. "This guy packs a wallop."

Melissa glanced back to the two men. "Times have changed a hell of a lot, Cap," she pointed out, shrugging before turning back to the front.

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow," Tony added to the Superhuman's explanation. He looked over to the Captain, looking him up and down before focusing on his face. "What's your thing? Pilates?"

"What?"

Melissa rolled her eyes, looking over to Natasha to see the agent sigh gently.

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things... Doing time as a capsicle," Tony said in a monotone voice.

Steve's lips stayed in a straight line, his expression staying unamused. "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you," Tony told him before strikes of lightning and thunder appeared in the gloomy sky.

Melissa leant forward, looking around the sky. The thunder and lightning was sudden, making her slightly confused at it.

"Where's that coming from?" Natasha asked softly.

The jet shook slightly and Melissa closed her eyes and was very relieved she agreed with getting the lift instead of flying herself.

"What's the matter? Are you scared of a little lightning?" Steve spoke up, making Melissa glance back to see Loki looking worrily around. He wasn't so content anymore, having a look of fear on his face.