FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
"You managed to piss us all off"

      MELISSA'S CAPE RESTED SILENTLY ONTO HER shoulders as she touched down on the clean and slick tiling

She brushed her hair out of her face before stepping into the top floor of Stark Tower, approaching where Tony had stopped himself. She stopped roughly a meter behind him, crossing her arms.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki stated as he entered the top floor, glancing to Melissa and then back to Tony.

"Actually, we're planning to threaten you," Tony answered confidently, no fear evident.

Loki smirked, taking in Tony's plain outfit and unprotective clothing. "You should of left your armor on for that. The mutant has the right idea."

Melissa rolled her eyes whilst exhaling sharply through her gritted teeth as she followed Tony down the ramp. It circled into the floor, finishing next to a bar that Melissa noticed had more of Tony's tech resting on it. She prepared herself to defend Tony if it wasn't helpful, because she too was confused as to why he removed the suit.

"Yeah... It's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the uh, glow stick of destiny," Tony continued, motioned to the staff as he rounded the exit of the ramp, approaching the bar.

Melissa was still trying to work out what his plan was, she just had a feeling it'd have to do with the devices on the bar.

"Would you like a drink?" he offered, his voice never shaking nor seeming to develop an emotion. "Agent Ryans, drink?"

The blonde looked over to the billionaire, shaking her head loosely, her eyes holding the confusion she saw to his actions.

Loki chuckled at his actions. "Stalling me won't change anything."

"No, no, threatening," Melissa correcting, pointing an accusing finger to Loki. She was trying to work out whay the plan was.

"No drink? You sure?" Tony spoke up, motioning to the wall of alcohol and glancing to Loki then Melissa.
Again, the human-alien hybrid shook her head, Loki not answering Tony. "I'm having one."

The demigod ignored Tony, moving towards the massive opening that filled the wall. Glass sat between each opening, separating them in a way. "The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that," Loki announced, his eyes moving aroundthe city, waiting for his creation to kick in, opening a portal into the Chitauri's world. He glanced back at the two other people occupying the room. "What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers," Melissa and Tony responded in unison, Melissa shifting on her feet slightly in an attempt to calm her anger towards Loki whilst Tony calmly poured himself an alcoholic beverage.

Tony looked up to see Loki looked at them with confusion lacing his features. "That's what we call ourselves. We're sort of like a team, "Earth's mightiest heroes"-type thing."