FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
"Upgraded, huh"

       NATASHA ROMANOFF MARCHED ACROSS THE SHIELD carrier, approaching the landing Quinjet

NATASHA ROMANOFF MARCHED ACROSS THE SHIELD carrier, approaching the landing Quinjet. Her short red hair bounced slightly with each step as the sun made it almost shine. She wore her plain Black Widow suit, that went with her figure perfectly.

"Agent Romanoff," Coulson greeted, motioning to the Captain. "Captain Rogers."

The captain greeted her with a firm nod. "Ma'am."

"Hi. They need you on the bridge, they're starting the face-trace," Natasha informed the SHIELD agent.

"See you there," Coulson soon walked off, leaving the infamous Black Widow with Captain America.

Natasha took a moment to take in the man sat in front of her before she motioned for him to follow. The pair began walking across the large carrier, starting up a conversation. "It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon, " she said slyly, a small smile pulling on her lips. "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?"

"Trading cards?" Steve repeated with slight disbelief.

"They're vintage, he's very proud."

Bruce Banner weaved around some of the SHIELD workers, trying to stay out the way. He looked around the clearing with curiosity at the equipment SHIELD had.

"Doctor Banner," the Captain greeted, pulling the man's attention towards himself and Natasha.

He took a moment to take in the world's first hero. The Doctor shook Steve's hand. "Yeah... Hi, they told me you would be coming."

"Word is you can find the cube," Steve commented.

Bruce's facial expression drop. He just hoped Steve wasn't going to think of him differently due to the Hulk. "Is that the only word on me?"

"Only word I care about," Steve reasurred, seeing Bruce's discomfort.

The doctor nodded, pursing his lips tightly. "It must be strange for you, all of this."

Steve's eyes travelled around the SHIELD ship. Despite not having seen anything like the ship in his time, Steve felt like the scene was familiar due to the similarities with the army camps.

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar," the Captain admitted, remembering the camps from the 40s.

"Gentlemen, you might want to step inside in a minute," Natasha suggested to the two, stepping towards them. Her hands clasped together in front of her legs. "It's going to get a little hard to breathe."

"Flight crew, secure the deck," an agent announced over the PA.

Below the trio, the carrier began shifting. The ship started to lift as small engine began to raise on either side of it.