#1: im not a groupie

Tonight, Eye Candy had a show. The second one this week, meaning I was there to manage and to keep track of things. These six boys treated me like a little sister, when in reality only one was actually related to me. My older brother, Hyun Soo is the second guitarist and I've watched him countless of times practicing like there was no tomorrow on that wood with strings. He really wanted this. That's why I helped them out. Because I knew Hyun Soo would benefit from this band. Even if he was only a guitarist.

I had run to get my older brother a bottle of water and when I returned, the boys weren't getting ready for the show. They were just sitting around with their instruments, filiming. Ha Jin grabbed the camera out of Byung Hee's hands and was directing it towards him.

"What are you idiots doing?" I asked, moving closer to the idiots.

Ha Jin moved on from Byung Hee and faced the camera to me. "Where were you?"

I narrowed my eyes and lifted the bottle of water I had gotten for Hyung Soo. "I was getting a bottle of water for my brother."

"Why didn't you get one for us?" Ha Jin pushed the camera closer to my face.

I gave him a sickly smile and tilted my head at him. "Your legs are fine. You can go get one yourself."

Ha Jin chuckled. "Why are you in the band? Since we're asking everyone."

"I'm not in a band, you idiot," I told him.

Ha Jin turned the camera to the guys. "What should we consider Mi Young?"

Hyun Soo laughed out, "Groupie." I glared at him.

"I am not a groupie."

Ha Jin turned the camera back to me. "Yes! Groupie!"

"Call me that one more time and I'll claw your eyes out," I threatened sweetly.

I saw Ha Jin's eyes widen a little, knowing that I would totally claw his eyes out. Just then, Byung Hee took the camera out of Ha Jin's hands and turned to face all of us. The rest of the guys got up and were close around me. Byung Hee shouted, "Shut up and Let's go!" I missed the cue because after the rest of them shouted it, while I just stood there like an idiot. When Byung Hee turned off the camera, I shoved the water bottle to Hyun Soo.

"I honestly wonder how I got stuck helping you guys."

//

The crowd started building. And finally the guys were setting up. The crowd was filled with girls. Ages ranged from 8-to what looked like 25. Sickos. I stood at the side right next to the door, leaning on the wall behind me. Woo Kyung walked in, looking around and meeting eye contact with Byung Hee. They must've had a secret conversation because I got zero of what was happening while watching them but they both seemed to know what to do. Finally I understood the movements. Byung Hee wanted the lights on.

Woo Kyung grabbed her walkie-talkie and spoke through to this ditzy chick in charge of all the special effects. "Hey, why aren't you turning on the lights and speakers?" There was a response but I couldn't make out what she said with all this girl chatter. Woo Kyung looked at me. "Mi Young! Do you know how to read English?"

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head. "Nope, sorry." Finally it hit me why she asked me. I stopped leaning on the wall. "Wait, are the directions in English?!"

Byung Hee gave her more hand movements. "Just do it. Whatever buttons you see, push them." Oh great because that's gonna end well. After a minute, the lights come on and the show finally starts.

Byung Hee yelled in the mic in English, "One, two, three, go!" Which is pretty much all I know in the English language.

The music had started and watching them was so amazing. They looked like they all loved to play for these crowds of girls and the handfull of guys. My brother had his eyes closed and he concentrated on what he was playing. He's been practicing like crazy. He head-banged to the beat and I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit.

I lost myself in Byung Hee's voice. I knew this song by heart and could sing out if I really wanted to. I closed my eyes and let the music take control of my body, filling me up until there was nothing left. I kept hearing the chords of my older brother's guitar. Chords he has been practicing for ages. They came out perfectly and effortlessly.

My concentration on the music, unfortunately turned to shit.

Woo Kyung's voice was what snapped my out. "Officer, please wait. Let's go outside and talk. You can't do this."

My eyes snapped opened. Oh my god... The Police were here?! I looked up at the band, who had noticed the Poilce's arrival. I thought of the only thing possible to do: Find Hyun Soo and run.

So that's what I did. I ran. I ran through the sea of people trying to get to my brother. The band had ran off too. But luckily, my brother was running to me. I grabbed his arm and yelled, "We have to get out of here, now!" Hyun Soo nodded and followed me as I dragged his arm with me.

Thank God I went to all their shows here. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have gotten a way out. We ran, made two lefts and one right. The noise had died down and was no replaced with the sirens of police cars. We ran out of the door, feeling lucky and we were. The police sirens had stopped an became distant. We were safe.

I doubled over trying to catch my breath. "This is why I never joined the Track team..." I took some more deep heavy breaths.

Hyun Soo hit wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "I guess I'll thank you for not getting me arrested."

I rolled my eyes, my breathing still heavy. "You were great out there, by the way."

Hyun Soo smiled and unwrapped his arm around me and started walking ahead of me. "You weren't too bad too, Groupie."

I glared at the back of his head and marched after to him. "I am not a groupie!"

IDK about you guys but really super loving this character, Mi Young.

FOLLOW+VOTE+COMMENT+SHARE+SAVE TO LIBRARY FOR UPDATES

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE