#6: baby-sitting

Truthfully, I felt bad for lying and Hyun Soo knew I was because our mom told us that we both needed us home, not just me. But luckily, he didn't ask me any further questions. It was late and we both just picked up our little sister from our parents from their work. Da Som was hanging from Hyun Soo's arm, while he was on the phone with Do-Il. "Good news. Someone's just canceled at my mom's nightclub." Do-Il was responding to him but Hyun Soo was too busy trying to get my help to make Da Som stop hanging and pulling down his arm.

''Yeah!'' He replied. "We can play here tomorrow!" Da Som started to pull on his scarf now. I couldn't help but just laugh now. Hyun Soo slightly glared at me before remembering he had exciting news for his friends. I heard the yelling from his phone. Finally, Hyun Soo got off the phone. Finally he scolded me, "Hey! Mi Young! Why didn't you tell her to stop tugging my scarf?!"

I shrugged with a satisfied smile on my face. "I thought it was funny." Hyun Soo glared at me.

He finally looked down at our sister. "Da Som-ah, please stop tugging on older brother's scarf." She just giggled. She had the cutest little giggle ever. I loved hearing it. She was the cutest little sister anyone could ever hope for. Da Som grabbed my hand instead of Hyun Soo's.

"So are you excited for the show tomorrow?" I asked as we started walking home.

Hyun Soo had the brightest smile on. "Yes! I'm so excited! This is gonna be the biggest gig we've ever had."

"I'm bummed that I'll have to miss it, I wish I could be there for you," I said regretfully. I would have to stay home to watch Da Som, which I didn't mind but I loved going to their shows to watch Hyun Soo play.

Hyun Soo wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You'll be there for the rest of them, don't worry Mi Young." We continued to walk. Da Som had let go of my hand and started skipping in front of us, at a safe distance for us to watch her. "So how was school today?"

I took a deep sigh and admitted, "Actually pretty intense."

"How so?"

"Well, the teachers and other students looked down on me and the other students from Dong Nae, but I have come to the conclusion that you and the rest of the guys will be kicked out within the first day." I smiled at him at the end, making him chuckle.

"I wouldn't doubt it."

"But," I said. "I made a new friend." I smiled at the end. It was an accomplishment that I haven't been able to make since Hyun Soo became friends with his friends.

"Really?" Hyun Soo sounded just as excited as I was. He brought me closer to him and ruffled my hair. "I knew someone would like you." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I have a question." My eyes went back down to Ha Jin's scarf.

"Hmm?"

"Why does everyone make a big deal whenever Ha Jin does something nice to me?" My hands were entangled in the scarf. It was giving me so much warmth.

Hyun Soo didn't answer me. Instead, he ran towards Da Som. "Da Som! Let me join you."

He was hiding something from me. And me, being the noisy little sister I am, I'm gonna find out.

+

They should be on stage now, performing and getting new fans. That's what would be ideal. I wish I knew what was going on but taking care of my sister was more important. I had just finished giving her a bath and washing her up. I helped her put on her clothes and ruffled her hair with a towel. She obediently let me do this to her. I swear she's the cutest.

After I had finished getting her all cleaned up. I went into my room, grabbing my guitar. I had learned to play three instruments in total. Guitar, piano and bass. When you had an older brother like Hyun Soo, determined to learn guitar, you got an interest in music. I tried singing, but I don't think I'm that good. There's people better than me. I'm just average. Hyun Soo keeps telling me otherwise, which is why I've stopped singing in front of him.

I haven't played in ages and it feels so good to finally go back to it. My fingers were a little sore at first but once I got back into it, magic started happening. I've been writing songs for such a long time. Ever since I got into music, I've been writing. Anything. I've written songs on homework when I was bored one time (currently embarrassed of it), love at first sight, family, little stuff like that. I just kept strumming the guitar over and over again, changing chords and making matches to create a song.

I decided against writing an actual song this time. Just strumming was nice. Eventually, Da Som found her way into my room and sat right in front of me with her legs crossed. She looked at the instrument in fascination as I continued to play. Seeing her there made me so happy for some reason. It reminded me when Hyun Soo used to play for me. I had looked at the guitar like it was a work of art.

An idea popped in my head. I started strumming a familiar song that I knew she would know. It was just something that I had come up with a while ago. It had no lyrics too it but Da Som loved to just hum and sing to it. And sure enough when I started the song, there went Da Som humming to it. Using her cute little voice to sing.

The end of the song was nearing and Da Som knew it, so she just got louder and louder with her humming. When the last chord was strung, Da Som clapped with her little hands. I shook my head and started clapping, "No no, you should get the aplause. You sounded beautiful." I set the guitar to the side and kneeled in front of her and started tickling her. She giggled her cute little giggles. "You sound much better than big sister!"

Cutest chapter ever omg no one can disagree with me. But 2 updates within 24 hours. BE PROUD OF ME :))))