#17: a night to remember

My hands ached from clapping along with them so I stopped and switched to tapping my foot and moving my head with the music. I was sitting in on the guys' practice like normal. They were just getting better and better. But today, something was off. Ji Hyuk had come in with small bruises on his face and now his singing and guitar playing sounded distracted. It was safe to say Kwon Ji Hyuk was not in his right head. And with such little time we had till the show. My brother kept trying to look over at him and giving him encouraging looks. Ji Hyuk just wasn't having it.

Ji Hyuk stopped playing and singing but the others weren't getting the memo right away, unlike my brother who saw it almost instantly. Hyun Soo turned his head over his shoulder, stopping his playing and yelling "Hey! Hey!" to get them to stop playing as well.

"What are you thinking about?" Hyun Soo asked Ji Hyuk, tilting his head slightly then straightening it.

"What's going on with you?" Kyung Jong asked from behind him.

Ji Hyuk paused and looked down at the ground for a second then back up and started taking the plug out of his guitar. Very softly, he said, "Hey, let's stop here for today. I'm done."

"Hey!" Ha Jin yelled at him. Ji Hyuk ignored him and placed his guitar down. "Hey!" Ha Jin repeated slightly louder than the first. But Ji Hyuk ignored him again and soon disappeared. "Hey! Kwon Ji Hyuk! Where are you going?!"

When it was sure he was gone, Ha Jin sighed, letting his head go and letting it move to the side. "He's been like that all day. Ever since the morning, he's been out of it. Coming into school with his face looking like that...."

"Leave him alone," Do Il scolded him. "He doesn't look like he's in good condition."

Ha Jin sighed again, reaching for the plug in his bass, "Fine. Since we practiced a lot, should we stop here today?" He looked around for approval and when he looked at me, I just shook my head. They shouldn't stop. They sounded good but they needed to practice for the show. Practice makes perfect.

"Are you going to stop playing if the vocalist stops singing on stage?" Hyun Soo shot at him. "Let's pick it up from the chorus."

"But what about the vocals?" Ha Jin asked. "We need someone to sing."

"I think I know someone." Hyun Soo looked over at me. "Mi Young, get up."

My face burned. "Excuse me?"

"Mi Young?" Kyung Jong asked. "Come on dude, this is the second time you've tried to get your sister in the band."

Hyun Soo ignored them and gave me a look that said "do it now or I will seriously give you hell when we get home". That was enough to make me get up. The last time I didn't do what he wanted when he gave me that look resulted in me being beat up by him. And that was not fun, let me tell you something.

I sighed and stood up. I grabbed one of the guitars that wasn't Ji Hyuk's from their stands and stood where Ji Hyuk stood only five minutes prior. I looked back over at Hyun Soo and he nodded. "The chorus?" Hyun Soo nodded again.

"One, two, three, four," I counted in as I started mimicking the chords Ji Hyuk had made. Then I started singing...in front of people besides my family.

"My darling girl; I'm chasing after you like a dream; I'm chasing after you just like I imagined it; When I see your beautiful face, my, my , my heart bursts."

Endless of times sitting there and listening to them practice really payed off. Every lyric, every chord really came to me as if I had played them and sung them a million times. The feeling of excitement and just giddiness went through me. I have never been this happy. To just sing and play live with band and in front of more people.