Chapter 14

[YEJI POV]

I was getting stressed. Lia wasn't answering my calls. I keep getting redirected to voicemail. This is so frustrating. I'm losing my mind. I should've just followed her to the concert. I'm so stupid.

...

Chaeyeon unnie! That's right! I quickly dialled her number. Within seconds, she picked up.

"Hello? This is Lee Chaeyeon speaking."

"Chaeyeon unnie!"

"Isn't this Yeji? Yes, what do you need?"

"Unnie..Lia is missing. She's not picking up my calls."

I could hear her shock.

"I'll do an investigation. Will let you know if I get any updates by tonight." Thanking Chaeyeon, I hung up. I heaved a sigh of relief as I knew that she'll be efficient in times like these.

I texted Ryujin.

Yuna was missing too

How does one's day get ruined like this?

I should've taken care of the two. They're both too helpless. They can't take care of themselves.

I desperately tried calling Lia but as expected, the call wouldn't get through. Ugh. Lia..please be safe. I'll be there soon. Very soon. Please. Stay safe. For me.

--

[LIA POV]

Disgusting men. They're not even handsome. Yeji... where are you...

Wait. I'm not helpless, am I?
I looked around to see what I can use to free myself. Within a few centimetres, I could see a glass shard. Great, it was sharp enough to cut through the rope.

"Hey, I'm kind of thirsty. Let's go grab a drink." Bang Chan said.

"Yea, I'm kind of parched too. Let's go. Let's leave this puppy here. She can't go anywhere. She's tied too tightly." What a lucky day. When I heard the door slam shut, I dragged the chair towards the piece of glass. It was too far for my reach. I flipped the chair over and fell onto the ground. Talk about pain. I reached for the glass shard and began slicing through the thick rope. Almost.. there.. yes! I untied myself and removed the tape.

"Disgusting." I scoffed as I walked myself to the exit. I took caution as to not get caught by the men. I took out my phone. Oh wow. It's dead. Oh well, how lucky. I always bring an extra charger with me. I pulled out the charger and plugged it into my phone, waited a few seconds before turning it on.

I called Yeji immediately. It rang a few times before a panicked voice picked up.

"Lia!! Is that you?! Oh my god, it's so late now. Where are you? I'm coming over to pick you up."

My mind was in confusion as a bullet of words were launched at me. I processed her words before calmly replying.

"I don't know where I am.. but I'll turn on my location so you can come find me.. But.. where's Yuna-"

-"UNNIE!!" I heard Yuna's voice yelling from afar. I turned towards where the voice was coming from and saw a tall figure running towards me.

"Okay I found her. I'll take her with me to hide. Text me once you're here.' I hung up the phone as the giant baby embraced me into a tight hug.

"Unnie..I was so scared. I didn't know where you were being taken to. I followed the men and-"

We heard the two men talking and laughing loudly and froze. We heard the voice venture further before taking flight, opposite the direction the voices went. When we figured it was safe, we settled down.

"I followed the men and here we are." I looked at the big baby and smiled.

"I'm glad you're safe."

We sat at our hiding spot for a few minutes when I heard the men shouting. I rolled my eyes. It was already dark so I couldn't see very well. But I grabbed Yuna and ran We ran until we lost the voices. We ran until we were able to see light shining from a car. The car stopped. Someone opened the door and walked out.

A voice called out to me.

"Lia? Yuna?"

I knew that voice. It was the love of my life. My eyes scanned through the darkness, and as my eyes slowly adjusted to the figure. I could see Yeji's tall and slim figure. A ray of light was shone at me as I squinted. The lights turned off and I heard footsteps running towards me before I was wrapped around her arms.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you alone. Really. I'm s-so stupid." Yeji sniffed.

"It's okay. We're safe now."

"Unnie.. it's dark here. Can we go now?" We chuckled at Yuna's soft voice.

"Of course." I held Yeji's arm as Yuna walked beside me, holding my hand. We walked towards Yeji's car. Once we were inside, all I remember was closing my eyes and drifting off into wonderland. I was safe. And so was Yuna.

--

I'm back 😀 just in time for Wannabe promotions too. I'm running out of ideas, so do leave ideas below for the next chapter. I'll get it done by Sunday ;) Anyway,, what do you think of Wannabe? I felt that it was amazing. The meaning of the song and the rhythm got to me. Oh and LOONA got their first win today😭😭 Ahhh I'm so proud of them. They deserve so much more~
You've waited a long time. Do wait abit more for the next chapter😄

-J 🦅