Chapter 2

[LIA POV]

"H-hey. Are you…okay?"
I heard someone whisper into my ears. I looked up and saw two girls sitting around the table I was at, staring at me with worry in their eyes. They were glowing. Oh my goodness, are they angels that descended from heaven? They're so beautiful. One of then had long brown hair that was bleached at the end, the other had shorter, pink hair. The girl with brown hair reached her hand out and I flinched. She retreated her hand.

"Hey, I won't hurt you. Care to tell me what happened? Where are your friends? Did they leave you behind or something? Are you hurt? Did anyone bully you?" A train of questions were shot at me before I could even pick which one to answer. I sighed.

"I-I don't have any friends." I confessed. I could tell the girl was surprised. Yea, so was I.

"A girl like you, doesn't have any friends?"

"Surprised? Huh, I thought so too. If you're here to tease me, then leave. I'm so sick and tired of everyone just coming around to tease me for being a loner and-"

"-Hey! Don't talk that way. We're genuinely concerned. If you don't mind, we could be your friends." The girl with pink hair interrupted. I looked at her sheepishly. Them? Friends with someone like me? (starts singing Someone Like Me by Twice) Oh please, who would want to?

"Mm." I agreed.

"Yay! Great!! My name is Hwang Yeji! Call me Yeji." The brown-haired girl grinned and reached out her hand again to gesture a handshake. I took it.

"And I'm Shin Ryujin! Just call me Ryuddeong. Or Jinnie. Either way I'll still answer you." The pink-haired girl smiled. Her voice...damn that's hot.

"I-I'm Choi Jisu. I prefer if you call me Lia."

"Hey Lia!" Yeji and Ryujin said in unison. I giggled a little inside. They don't seem that bad, I guess.

We talked for a while whilst having our lunch. I got to know the duo better during the short hour of lunch we had. We laughed and chatted. I had never experienced what friendship was like before. Seems like a positive thing that I can look forward to. I also started to notice some distinct features that Yeji has. Small, cat-like eyes, a small dimple on her left cheek. Not to mention she's really tall too. And cute. The way she talks, uwu.

Ryujin on the other hand, had a husky voice. She's slightly shorter than Yeji was and gave me a girl-crush aura. I bet many girls and guys have fallen for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she was dating.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiing. Oh bummer, the bell rang. That was fast?

"Hey Lia. Here's my number. If you need anyone, I'm just a phone call or a text away. I'll be awaiting your call!" Yeji handed me a slip of paper with her number on it.

"Me too, me too!" Ryujin took the slip of paper from me and jotted down her phone number before handing it back to me. "What do you say, we meet after your class at the locker room and we can hangout?"

"Sure! I'll... see you guys later?" I replied. Yeji nodded and gave me a dimpled smile. Oh. My. God. That was so cute. Can she do it again?

"See you later Lia!" Yeji waved goodbye to me as she walked off with Ryujin. I looked at the slip of paper and smiled. Maybe today won't be so bad after all. I walked back to class, fantasizing about Yeji and her cuteness.

Time passed by too slowly in the clsssroom. I was growing restless and was staring at the clock non-stop, hoping that it'll be 2.30pm soon and I could dash out of class to meet my friends. I did my work until the bell finally rang.

"Class dismissed." Mr Park said. Yes! I dashed out of class and made my way to the locker. Before I knew it, I had knocked into someone. Again.

"You again?! How many times do I have to tell you, watch it, nerd?!" I looked up and saw a well-built guy. Oh no, it can't be good. It's the school bully, Lee Chan. I saw a fist coming towards me. I braced myself.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I heard a voice boom through the whole locker room. Yeji? I looked up timidly and saw Yeji and Ryujin running towards me and Lee Chan. Yeji grabbed his wrist and pushed him to the wall. I got up with the help of Ryujin and looked at the two.

"Don't you dare land your filthy hands on that girl. Do you hear me?" Lee Chan smirked. "I said, DO YOU HEAR ME? Or do you want to catch this hand?" I could see the flames in Yeji's eyes. Lee Chan's confidence dropped. I saw him panic as he nodded. Clearly scared.

"Y-yes ma'am." Yeji let go off his wrist as Ryujin went up towards him and kicked him in the shin. (Get it? Shin Ryujin kicking a guy in his shin? No? Okay I'm not funny🙁) He fell to the ground, grasping his shin firmly and moaning in pain.

"Don't let me see you mess with our girl again or you'll have to face the consequences, Lee Chan. This is your first and last warning." Ryujin growled. With that, she grabbed my wrist and we walked out of the school gate together, with Yeji as my bodyguard. I could feel many eyes staring at me and many students whispering to eachother.

"Nerd has friends?"
"She's friends with Ryujin and Yeji? No way!"
"I bet they're just pitying her. They wouldn't want to spend their time on a loser."

Ryujin stopped abruptly and glared at the students gossipping. "Are you guys done? Do you guys want what happened to Lee Chan to happen to you too?" She warned. The gossips stopped and the students walked away quickly, not wanting to anger Ryujin more. I thanked her in my heart as we walked towards the park together.

Yeji was looking around to see if there were anymore students that had followed us to the park. Doesn't seem like there was. She gestured for Ryujin to grab some snacks as she accompanied me. "Are you hurt?" she said to me gently. My heard skipped a beat as I heard her gentle, calming voice. Nothing compared to what she sounded like earlier on at the locker room. I shook my head as I looked at the ground.

"He's always out there tormenting me. I'm scared Yeji. All the students seem to not want to come close to me. They hate me because I do well in school. Lee Chan is the meanest out of everybody. He yells after me and calls me names. I hate it. I dread coming to school everyday because of him."
I didn't realize that I was starting to cry. Yeji listened patiently. She grabbed her hankerchief and patted my eyes with it. Before I could react, I was pulled into a hug. I was shocked, but was quickly calmed by her embrace.

"There, there. It's alright. He won't get to hurt you as long as I'm here. As long as we're here. We'll protect you."

"Thank you." I whispered as I was held even tighter by Yeji.

[A/N]
Two chapters in a day because I'm bored and wanted to write more. 🙂 I know our baby Lee Chan is an innocent boy, but I couldn't think of anymore names >< But I hope you liked this update. Have a nice day ahead too ~

- J 🦅