Chapter 11

"Stop...please...leave me alone..." Lia screamed.

He was after her.

"Yeji won't ever like someone like you. Quit trying. Do you even think that her feelings for you are true? No. It's me. She's mine. Nobody can have her except for ME." He shouted at the top of his lungs.

He reached out his hand and tried to reach for Lia.

"No!! Please leave me alone!!"

Lia woke up in cold sweat. Who was that guy in her dream? She has never met him before. Why would a stranger be in her dream? And he's after Yeji? No, can't be. It's just a dream. Dreams aren't real. Dreams can't be real.

Lia looked at the clock. It was 9am.

She was supposed to meet Yeji at 9.15am for breakfast. She practically threw herself out of bed and rushed to get ready. Lia took a quick shower, dried her hair, put on some makeup and picked out her outfit for the day.

Lia was so occupied with getting herself ready that she didn't realize that Yeji was calling her

Lia was so occupied with getting herself ready that she didn't realize that Yeji was calling her. When Lia heard her phone ring, she ran to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, I'm here. Where are you?"

"Well I, uh, I'm on the way. Five more minutes." Lia lied.

"Hm...okay. Take your time. I'll browse around."

Lia hung up quickly and ran out of the door, stumbling clumsily on her way out.

"Five more minutes, huh?" A familiar voice asked as Lia knocked into someone and fell over..

"Ah, I'm so sorry-" Lia quickly stood up and looked at who she knocked into. It was Yeji. Was she dreaming? Lia rubbed her eyes. She looked back up. Yeji was gone.

"Guess I was hallucinating." Lia told herself.

Lia was ready to take a step forward when two hands covered her eyes.

"Hey what are you-"

"Surprise!" A bouquet of flower was shoved in front of her face.

"What's this-" Lia turned around and saw Yeji.

"It's for you!" Yeji smiled at Lia with that smile that she loved so much. Lia was flustered. Lia grabbed the bouquet of flowers and Yeji beamed at her. Yeji walked towards her car and opened the door for Lia.

"After you, Milady." Lia blushed and walked towards the car quickly without hesitating. The familiar scent of blueberry and banana filled her nose. Starlight Ice Cream.

As Yeji drove Lia to the cafe for breakfast, Lia couldn't help but think about the dream she had that morning. Who was that guy? Is that guy even real? Should she ask Yeji about it?

No. I shouldn't ruin the mood. Lia thought to herself.

"You're awfully quiet today. Is
something bothering you?" Yeji asked.

Lia shook her head. "No, not at all."

"You look like something's bothering you though. Want to tell me what's up?" She insisted. Lia was getting irritated. Lia shook her head again.

"Come on, you can tell me whatever that's troubling you. I'm supposed to be protecting you."

At this time, Lia was ready to snap.

"Hwang Yeji!" She glared at her. "I said I'm fine! Why are you so persistent?!" Yeji looked surprised.

"S-sorry…I'm just worried." Yeji muttered. Lia folded her arms in annoyance and glared onto the road. The whole trip was silent.

Yeji was confused. What was going on with Lia? She wanted to continue asking but feared getting into a heated argument with Lia.

When they arrived at cafe, Lia's mood seemed to have lifted. She was grinning from ear to ear. (That super cute smile that Lia has, you can definitely imagine it. I'm even imagining it now uwu she's the cutest)
The couple sat down and Yeji ordered waffles covered with chocolate syrup and a cup of hot chocolate.
Lia ordered French toast and a cup of Americano. They sat in silence eating their food.

"Hey babe?" Lia asked.

"Yep?"

"Have you been in a previous relationship before?"

"Why the sudden question?" Yeji stopped eating and raised her eyebrows at Lia.

"Nothing, I was just wondering."

"Well, I have. I was with this guy. His name was Min. Do you want to know more about him?" she asked. Lia nodded while still eating her French toast.

"Well, we met in high school. Dated for a few months. He was really possessive and forbade me from talking to any guy. It was a really toxic relationship. I was too blinded by love and continued staying with him." Yeji was serious now. Lia looked up from her French Toast and listened attentively. "After that, I heard rumors that Min was dating another girl behind my back. I was furious. I confronted him about him but he denied. I was so stupid to believe him because a few days later, I saw Min and another girl at the locker room. Making out." Fiery swept through Yeji's face. " That was the last straw. I went home that day and texted Min. Saying that I wanted to break up with him. He apologized and said that he would stop contacting the girl. I wouldn't give him that chance and he went around spreading rumors about me. That was when I realized he was toxic and I was relieved that I mustered up the courage to break up with him."

Lia clapped. "Best story teller award. What did he look like? Was he handsome?" Yeji raised an eyebrow at her. She sighed and took out her phone. Yeji swiped for a while and showed her their photo. Lia looked at the photo.

...

It was him.

Lia started shaking.

Yeji was confused. "Lia? What's wrong?"

"I-It's him-"

"Have you seen him before?"

"He appeared in my dreams..."

"Telling me to stay away from you. Telling me that I should stay away from you because you would never like someone like me.  That he was the only one that could have you."

"Was that why you were so quiet this morning?"

Lia nodded sheepishly.

"It's okay. Nobody can hurt you. I'm here." Yeji went over to Lia and gave her a hug.

Just then, the cafe door swung open.

"Hwang Yeji!" A voice boomed.

[A/N]
Any ideas for the next chapter? :O
anyways my national exam starts next week so I might take longer to post an update cuz I hv to focus on my studies. But I should be able to continue posting regularly after the 13th of November! In the meantime, do throw in some ideas for chapter 12. ~ Have a good day/noon/night ahead and see you in the next chapter!