Chapter 3

[Yeji POV]

As we sat on the park  bench together, I held onto Lia tightly with my eyes closed. I could hear Lia sniffing and it broke my heart. I held her even tighter. Not wanting to let her feel anymore pain. We stayed like that for a long time. Little did we realize, Ryujin had already returned with the snacks and drinks and had been standing there and watching us for the past five minutes.

"Erhm. Excuse me, lovey dovey couple? Food and drinks are here. Or should I consume these myself while watching you guys hug?" Ryujin interrupted. I blushed and let go of Lia. Still holding onto her hand though.

"Did you guys become a thing while I  was away to get food? Damn that's fast. How long has it been since you guys met, hm LESS THAN A DAY?" Ryujin continued. This chatterbox. I wanted to tape her mouth shut right then and there. Sigh, a pity. I had no tape with me to do that.

"Stop overthinking Ryuddaeng." I rolled my eyes. We started arguing. Lia laughed as we started bickering. My eyes met with hers unexpectedly and my heart skipped a beat. She's beautiful. I stared at her beauty. She stared back, her face turning red as she tried to avoid my eyes. Ryujin stood there in disbelief and folded her arms.

"Erhm. Hello? I'm still here you know. Oh my goodness you two, please get a room." Just then, Ryujin's phone rang. She grunted and took out her phone in annoyance. When she saw the caller ID, her expression changed immediately. Who was that?

"H-hello, babe? Uh-huh. Yea. Yea. Mhm. Alright I'll be right there. See you later. Love you, muacks." Ryujin turned off the call and looked at me. "I gotta go. I have a date. You two continue what you're doing. At least I won't be third-wheeling. Bye!!!" She sprinted off in a flash and I could no longer see her silhouette after a minute. I rolled my eyes. This troublemaker.

"Say, this park is beautiful. Should we walk around for a while before going home?" Lia suddenly said.

"Sure." I smiled.

We walked together along Seokchon Lake, enjoying the comfort and presence of one another. I know it's fast, but I felt that…I have fallen for Lia. (A/N; Me too, I mean, who wouldn't fall for Lia) We chatted and laughed. It's great seeing her smile. Her smile was all I wanted to see tonight.

[Lia POV]

I would be lying if I said I haven't fallen for Yeji. The way she tries to protect me, the way she comforts me. I feel safe when I'm with her. Just her presence made me feel like the happiest girl in the world. This is truly "Love at first sight". I wish this moment could last forever.

Hey, i maseun machi
Ttak sareoreumgachi
Bling Bling Bling banjjagineun geol
byeolppitgachi ICY

My thoughts got interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Excuse me, I got to take a call." I told Yeji.

"Hello?"

"Lia sweetie, it's 9.15pm. Where are you? It's getting late, you should get home as soon as possible."

9.15pm? I checked my watch. 9.16pm?!  How did time pass by so quickly without me even realizing?

"I'll be home soon eomma! I'm out with a friend now." I replied.

"Arasseo. Take care on the way home, okay sweetie?"

"Yes eomma. Bye!" I clicked off the call. I looked at Yeji.

"My mum called. I should make my way home now. Thank you for today. I really enjoyed myself." I told her.

"How about I walk you home?" she replied. I was surprised at the offer

"S-sure." I stuttered. She grabbed my hand. I flinched. "It's okay. Don't panic.  Your hands seem cold. Mine are warm so it'll be able to keep yours warm until we reach your place."
I felt my face heat up. I'm falling so deep for this cutie.

We walked out of the park and made our way to my house. It was a fifteen minutes walk since Seokchon Lake wasn't that far from my place. We walked in silence. It was awkward but comfortable. It wasn't long before we arrived at my house. Yeji stared in awe.

"Wow, cool! You live in a mansion. Hey! You should invite me over next time and we can hangout at yours." Yeji said. I could hear the excitement in her voice. Cute.

"Sounds like a great idea. Soon!" I replied. "Alright, I'm home. You should go home now. Take care on your way! Drop me a text once you're home so I know you're safe."

"But...I don't have your number." She pouted. I realized that she had given me her number, but I haven't given her mine. I took out my phone and the slip of paper containing her number from my pocket and typed in something.

Ding!

Yeji's notification bell rang and she took out her phone.

                               Unknown number
                               Now you do ~ 💕

She smiled, showing her one-sided dimple and flashed a heart at me. I melted.  UWU 💘💝💖💗💓💞💕❣️❤️

We waved goodbye at eachother and I watched as Yeji made her way home

We waved goodbye at eachother and I watched as Yeji made her way home. Thank goodness for her. Today might have been one of the best days I ever had since Grade 1.

15 minutes later I received a text.

Yeddeong 💖💞
I'm home ~~

                                               Lia ❤️✨
                                               That's great!
Yeddeong 💖💞
I'm bored. Let's chat for a while

                                               Lia ❤️
                                              I don't mind.            What do you wanna chat about?

Yeddeong 💖💞
I wanna get to know you much better

                                                Lia ❤️✨
                                       Haha. Alright. 🤭

With that, we spent the whole night chatting. We spent each day chatting. We met up to go to school together too! Yeji would come over and we would walk to school together. With her around, I felt a sense of safety and happiness.

We continued spending our months together and I keep falling for her again and again. I hope…she feels the same way I do. And I hope to get the courage to tell her how I feel.

[A/N]
Okay, since I have a week of break, I can start to post regularly and keep you guys occupied with this fanfiction. Yuna will appear next chapter, but as a surprise character. You'll see how it goes ^^ I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you next update~

- J 🦅