Chapter 1

[Yeji POV]

"D-Dad?"

"Hey Jiji. It's been a long time."
Dad cheekily said with a grin.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. It really has been a long time. A long time since I heard him call me by my nickname face to face. I ran up to Dad and gave him the biggest and tightest hug. I couldn't help but let the tears flow out of my eyes continually. Mum, on the other hand, stood rooted to the ground. She was shocked and suprised.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were coming back? I could've prepared your portion of dinner..." Mum said sadly.

Dad laughed and pulled out a huge bag full of delicious food and snacks. Tteokbokki, gimbap, kimchi, jajangmyeon, and most importantly, CHOCO PIE! Ahhh, I could feel myself drooling. Mum laughed and gave Dad a big hug.

We sat at the dinner table and ate. When was the last time we gathered together for a reunion dinner? Was I dreaming? No! This is reality, Dad was indeed back home for my 18th birthday.

"So, how was the U.S?" Mum broke the silence.

"Well, it's a totally different environment. It's more busy too. Really, really busy. The food there is good too, but nothing compares to the food here in Korea. Especially food prepared by my dearest wife."
Dad grinned and stared lovingly at Mum and slowly reached for her hand.

"Erhm, are you guys forgetting something?" I interrupted. "No PDA in front of my salad please, thank you very much."

Dad blushed and removed his hand from Mum's and the silence enveloped us again, with a mix of awkwardness. I giggled. Dad hasn't changed a single bit since he left. However, I did realize he looks much more presentable than when he first left for the U.S.

I missed Dad so much. It's great to have him back.

School resumes tomorrow. I'm a little too excited to see Ryujin again. She's my best friend since we were babies. It's been a long summer break, I bet that troublemaker missed me. She got grounded starting second week of the summer break for sneaking out till 3am. Nobody knows what that little bastard is up to this late at night. I guess she deserved it.

...............................................................……

Fifth period was over and it was time for our lunch break. I met up with Ryujin at our usual meetup spot, the locker room, to head to the cafeteria together.

"Jinnie!"

"Hey Yeji! What's up!"

"Finally got to see you again huh, troublemaker."

"Hehe, what can I even do? There must be someway to meet my love without my parents realizing I'm not home."

Sigh, another relationship?

"Yo, you mean, you're in relationship again, and this time you snuck out in the middle of the night to see this person?"

"That's right"

"That's interesting, I'm so happy for you- YA! I'VE BEEN YOUR BEST FRIEND SINCE YOU WERE AN EMBRYO, WHY DID I NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU BEING IN THIS RELATIONSHIP-"

I smacked Ryujin in the shoulder.

"-Ow! Calm down!! I was about to tell you about her..."

We walked towards the cafeteria and throughout the whole journey, Ryujin was fantasizing about this lover of hers.

So…Ryujin has a girlfriend. Her name is Lee Chaeryeong. She's the Vice-President of the school's dance club, along with her sister, Lee Chaeyeon, the President of the dance club. They met at the library when Ryujin was studying for her final year exams. Interesting.

"I bet she's really pretty. Say, you should introduce her to me so that we can... you know, get to know each other bette- Ow! What was that for?!" I flinched as I felt a slap on my arm.

"Stay away from my girl, Hwang Yeji!" Ryujin growled.

"Alright alright. Geez, overprotective." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Lol nothing. Congrats psycho. I'm just surprised that Chaeryeong would even like you back. Everyone knows how much of a playgir- Ow! What was that for?!?!" I said as I earned another slap on the arm.

"Shut up! I promise, this time, she's truly the one"

"We'll see how it goes." I teased, sticking my tongue out.

That earned another smack in the arm from her and we laughed it off. We arrived at the cafeteria.

I noticed this girl sitting at the table in front of us crying. That's strange, where are her friends? I looked around to see if there was anybody that was running over to console her. Nope. Everyone in the cafeteria was chattering away happily. Nobody seemed to have noticed. I gave Ryujin a look and we sat down at the table with this girl.

"H-hey. Are you...okay?"

[A/N]
The story has started! It's all a really fast turn. Ryujin is dating Chaeryeong and the girls met a crying somebody at a cafeteria table. Who could it be? Lia? Yuna? I think it's pretty obvious 😝 Thank you so much for starting this journey with me in this FF. Honestly I wouldn't know how it'll go but you guys can leave some ideas on how the story should go. Remember to vote for my story too! See you in the next update!

-- J 🦅

𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 • 𝔂𝓮𝓳𝓲𝓼𝓾 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara