Chapter 5

[YEJI POV]

That morning, I received news that School Meal Club had been out bullying the other students again. I grunted. When will that girl learn? Aren't they tired of doing the same thing over and over again? Should I confront her or should I leave her alone to do what she wants?

I've got to admit that she's quite a bubbly child. But personality just isn't there for me to take a liking towards her. Her other three friends too. Their personalities just don't fit with their visuals.

"Hwang Yeji!" A husky voice called out. I turned around and there stood my troublemaker best friend and her girlfriend.

"Sup Ryuddaeng." I scanned Chaeryeong up and down. "Still looking as good as ever eh, Chae?" I said, and again earning a slap on the shoulder by Ryujin. She glared at me with this "Back off from my girl" expression. I laughed. This girl was so protective over her girl. Not like she was ever protective over me. I'm like ㅠㅠ

"Yo, I heard that SMC is on the loose in search of  victims again." Ryujin said.

"Yea, I heard. That Yuna is so annoying. She's always hot on my tail and wants to claim me for herself. How disgusting. No thanks." Ryujin laughed.

"Cuz your heart and soul have already been set on Lia. 😌" she teased. I felt my cheeks burn. "Oh? Someone's blushing?" Chaeryeong started laughing. I want to kick this Shin Ryujin. 

"WELL, YOUR CHEEKS TURN RED AS A TOMATO EVERYTIME WE MENTION CHAERYEONG'S NAME." Ryujin started blushing.

Chaeryeong laughed even harder and then stopped, giving us a serious look.
"Jokes aside, should we do something about SMC?" she finally spoke.

"We should" Ryujin and I said in unison. "But what?" Chaeryeong giggled as we said the exact same words together

"Fight bullying with kindness." A voice behind me said. I turned around and locked eyes with her. Lia.

I looked at her in confusion. "Kindness?" I repeated. "But why though? They've been bullying you and you want to be kind to them? You're just making yourself more vulnerable to them, making them see you as an individual weakling."

"Yea, so what? If we attack them back with their own medicine, it would make things even worse, no? So we should try to be nice to them." I shook my head in disbelief. This girl. Trying to be kind despite what she's going through. Trying to be kind to those that made her suffer in constant fear.

Just then,

"Yeddeong!!" Oh gosh. As expected.I felt arms hook around mine. The scent wavered in the air. A scent of sweet berries. I looked at her face.

She looked so innocent

She looked so innocent. An innocent baby. An innocent face with such personality. What a waste on her visuals.

"What do you want?" I said. Clearly annoyed. I avoided her eyes and searched around for Lia's. There it was. I looked at her with my puppy eyes. Begging for her to help me.