Chapter 10

"Starlight Ice Cream is so delicious!!" Yeji exclaimed. Her eyes shined brightly just like starlight, icy.

Lia stared at the little kitten at how cute she was while eating the ice cream. She really seem to love it alot.

As they sat down on the bench at Cherry Park, Lia rested her head on Yeji's shoulder. Yeji stiffened a little but realizing that it was Lia, she relaxed and allowed her to continue resting on her. They sat like this for a long time in silence while Yeji was still having fun eating her ice cream.

"Why do you like Starlight ice cream so much?" Lia broke the silence.

Yeji thought for a while.

"Well, Ryujin used to bring me to ICY Cafe alot when we were little and she was the one that introduced the flavour to me. I just had a liking for the flavour ever since."

"What does it taste like though?"

"Hm..it has a fruity taste. A mix of blueberry and banana."

"That sounds like a weird combination." Lia teased.

"Sounds weird but the taste says otherwise." Yeji grinned. As she finished her last bite of ice cream, she flinched.

Brain freeze...

Lia laughed at the kitten as she suffered her split second of brain freeze.

"Okay, let's go." Yeji said as if nothing had happened. As they stood up to leave, Yeji grabbed Lia's hand. They walked along the park and Yeji decided that it was about time to ask Lia the question.

She mustered up all her courage.

"Lia?"

"Hm?"

"So…we have been hanging out for quite a while now and I-"

"Yea?" Lia's heart started beating faster.

"I really like you. I don't know if you feel the same but I really really like you." Yeji turned to Lia and they were facing one another. Lia was blushing so hard that she looked like a ripe tomato.

"I...feel the same way too." She admitted.

Yeji smirked. "What do you say? Would you like to be my date?"

"Yes!! Yes!!" Lia said in her heart.
She hugged Yeji. "Yes." She whispered.

Yeji mentally bro-fisted herself in herself.

Lia pulled away from the hug and smiled at Yeji. A genuine smile. Tonight was the day she could forget about all the pain that she suffered the past few years. She finally has someone that can protect her and make her feel stronger.

"From today onwards, You, Choi Jisu, are my girlfriend." Yeji took Lia's hand and pulled her towards the big Cherry Tree. On the bark of the tree, Yeji carved out with a penknife:

"HYJ"
"♡"
"CJS"

"This tree actually symbolizes the start of many relationships as you can see from the many carvings on its bark." Yeji explained. Something carved out on the tree caught her eyes.

"♡ SRJ × LCR ♡"
"영원히"
(forever)

Lia seemed to have taken notice as well as she started to giggle.

"Damn it, Shin Ryujin! I was supposed to be here first!" Yeji scolded Ryujin mentally.

"Now that that's done, may I send you home, milady?" Yeji offered.