Acting Like A Ninja Helps You Solve Crimes...Most Of The Time

Start from the beginning

“Suck it,” She shows him her middle finger. “I’ll be in the taxi.” I say my goodbyes to her and the kids. Nell, Clinton, and everybody else left earlier this morning.

Before Charles can leave, I stop him. “Wait. How did you know Nora was your mate?”

He pauses, thinking back four years ago. “Well, first tingles started. It happened every time we touched. Then I started smelling this vanilla scent. And then I had the stupid urges to…why?”

I shrug, playing it off casual. “I think Harley is my mate.”

He totally freezes and looks me in the eye. “Really?”

“Uh-huh.”

Charlie mutters something under his breath and nods. “Okay, you’re okay. Alright. Does she hate you?”

“Last time I checked, no.”

“Good. Then it will be a lot easier than Nora was. Pain in my ass, she is. Is she a…you know…”

I frown, thinking back to a couple of times when we talked. “I’m not sure.”

“Find out. If she is, then she might know that you’re her mate. If not, you need to make sure she’s your mate. Then you’re going to have to tell her and explain everything. If she’s a vampire, then that saves you a step. A very large step. And, if you did everything right, you should live happily ever after.” He pats my back. “Good luck. Call me if you need anything.” He goes to walk away, but pauses and turns around. “One more thing: control the urges.”

With that, he disappears from my view.

Sighing, I nod to myself. I can handle Harley. She’s just a girl. A very hot girl…but still…just a girl. Who might be my mate. Yeah, I got this. I got this. I got this!

I GOT THE POWER!

YEAH!

I CAN DO THIS!

GO, DORA, GO!

Wait…I’m not watching Dora the Explorer…

But she helps me solve crimes.

No she does not. She just has these creepy eyes that stare into your soul.

OKAY, BART, GET BACK ON TRACK!

It’s time….

…to….

…act…

…like…

…a…