Chapter 6: Mourning Souls: Memories Blur

Start from the beginning

"Already more damage?! How many bruises?!" Sothis said.

[---]

The hands of time were turned back before Arisa's eyes. She saw how the tree branch mend it's back. The assassin's laugh sounded strange backwards as did all the voices of the adults yelling. The people that were running towards her and Dimitri went backwards. The looks of shock and horror returned to neutral ones. The children turned their attention back to Red Hare. Everything felt so strange. The color returned to normal as time resumed once more. This time, she was ready. The tree branch began to crack and this time, Arisa sent a surge of magic through her body and lunged towards Dimitri. The tree branch was a few inches from falling on both but not this time. Shock filled the boy as warm arms wrapped around him tightly. She held him to her chest and twisted her body. Making sure her back hit the tree trunk.

"AAAHH!!" She screamed as the air was completely knocked out of her lungs.

Her actions completely threw off the assassin as their eyes widened in shock as he watched from his spot.

"BYLETH/DIMITRI!!"

The tree branch fell a few inches away from them and Dimitri was in shock as he stared at it. Arisa's hood had fallen off and he saw her face in pain, gritting her teeth, her warm grip around him tightened as she held him to her chest. Her lungs burned but she screamed with all her might. She isn't letting that son of bitch a get away!!!

"AN ASSASSIN IS HERE!!! THEY ARE IN THE TREES!!! THEY ARE IN THE TREES!!" She screamed out and the assassin flinch at this, making a run for it.

"There!!" Sandy yelled as she saw him jump over one of the tombstones.

"Capture them!!" King Lambert ordered as he, Rodrigue, Sandy and Jerelt ran after them.

"Florencio, help the prince and Byleth!! The rest of you protect the others!!" Jeralt order the knights and his team.

King Lambert and Jeralt both had one goal in their mind. To capture the bastard that dared harm their children. Arisa groaned at the horrible pain she had gotten on her back. She didn't care right now but looked down worried to the scared to death prince. Dimitri was shaking in her arms and she hugged him more closely to her.

"It's alright, it's alright, you're safe. You're safe." She whispered words of comfort to him.

She would do this all her siblings, regardless of their age. Even her parents and friends when they needed comfort. The young boy looked up to her and she smiled kindly to him. He couldn't help but feel warmth rise in his face as he saw the radiant smile the girl gave him.

"It's okay." She placed her forehead onto his as she spoke softly, "You're safe. I won't let anyone hurt you. You're safe Dimitri. It's okay." She spoke like a mother comforting her child after they had a nightmare.

"Are you two alright!!?" Florencio ran up to them, beyond worried and next to him was also Cornelia, who looked worried.

Truthfully, Arisa asked herself why that woman was joining her uncle.

"We're okay. I'm j---hisss!!" Arisa hissed once she felt the full effect now.

"Aaarrghhh!!!" She yelled out as she felt her back pulsing and perhaps a few scratches that were most likely bleeding.

"Florencio correct?" Cornelia said and the man nodded.

"Please take the prince. I am a doctor also. I'll need to check her. Seems she took a full blow on her back. I'm worried it might have hurt her spine." The woman said.

"Alright." He nodded and turned to the children, "Your highness, please come with me." He said softly.

Dimitri shook his head and held tighter onto Arisa. No way, no way, no way!!! He didn't want to let her go!!! No, he would not!!! She's hurt!! It felt like it was his fault and that he needed to stay with her!!