Chapter 5

Monday evening

Cas's POV

"Hey love!" I shout from the kitchen. We decided on pasta for dinner and when I cook I tend to get lost in thought. This time I've been thinking about bringing Dean into school. 

"Coming!" I hear from our bedroom, then muffled steps, and finally Dean entering the kitchen. 

"So I've been thinking," I begin.

"Oh no, not again!" Dean teases, wrapping his hands around my waist as I stir the cooking pasta. He leans his head over my shoulder. 

"Oh shut up," I elbow him lightly in the stomach then continue, "anyway... I was thinking about how the kids all really want to meet you, and they're all doing well in my class, plus I feel like I've been holding out on them and I owe them this at least, and I jus-"

"Of course I'll come visit your classroom, Cas." He cuts off my rambling.

"You really want to come visit a bunch of high-schoolers?" I mean I wouldn't.

"Yes, love, I do. I mean I do meet and greets at least 10 times a year. This is even better because these kids mean so much to you... I can tell by the way you talk about them. You said that you feel like you owe them this, and if you really mean that then I see no reason why I can't drop by for one class. The last time I went in there was when you had me help you set up your room the year you moved in!" He explains, and I can't help but see his point. He is experienced with this. 

"Well ok... maybe we can arrange it over dinner." I offer.

"Well, how about I just come to school with you tomorrow?" He catches me off guard and I stop stirring.

"Really? Tomorrow? That's awfully sudden." I turn a little to look at him and he snakes his hand down my arm and takes the spoon from me. 

"I mean yeah, I don't see why not," He begins stirring the pasta, his other arm still around my waist, "like you've said before... they're good kids. Plus, I want to meet this Charlie girl. I've heard so much about her I feel like I've known her for years." He finishes. 

"Yeah... I suppose that will work. Tomorrow it is then." I reply.

"Sounds good. I think these are about cooked, don't you?" He asks, and I step out of his grasp to grab the colander so we can drain the pasta.

"Yes, I think they are." I take the pot off of the stove and walk towards the sink. "I think you'll love the kids. They really are all very smart, especially Charlie." I say as Dean retrieves plates from the cabinet. 

"Oh, I know I will." I can't see his face, but I know he's smiling. 

~~~

Tuesday morning

Dean's POV

Today is the day. I Think to myself as I wake up my sleepy boyfriend.

Today is the day. I Think to myself as I help my sleepy boyfriend tie his tie, again.

Today is the day. I Think to myself as I drive my sleepy boyfriend to school, where I am about to go into his class and meet his kids. 

Today is the day. I Think to myself as I walk in my soon to be slowly waking-always smiling-adorable fiancé into school.  

Today is the day I am going to propose. 

I have gathered a few things to help set it all up, luckily the most important being stuffed in my jacked pocket. The second most important thing is in my back jean pocket. I just hope Charlie understands when she sees it.