Margot

Friday 4:45 pm

"Should I ask Ivy to be my girlfriend," Matty asks as we make out way into Monty's house. I knew Matt and Ivy were getting close but I didn't know they were getting that close. I honestly thought she still liked Arlin. "Yeah, if you feel like you should," I say looking around for Monty once I step into the crowded living room. "Maggie." I hear a couple of the football players shout. I go around the room taking notice of everyone, hugging, saying hi, things like that. "Mags," Monty says as he sticks his head out of the kitchen. He moves his fingers as if he signaling for me to come over. "Yes," I whisper as I walk towards him. "Me and the guys are trying to watch film, can you help my mom with dinner? Please," He begs as I walk through the kitchen. I sight and then wave my hand telling him to go away. "Thank you," He mouths as he makes his way into the living room.

So apparently his teammates can give more attention than he can. That's fine. I guess. I turn to face Monty's mom before asking her what she needs help with. Honestly, we don't do much. We kind of just chat about our lives, and other things. "So are you and Monty back together?" She asks picking up another pan and dropping it in the sink. "No, but soon I hope," I mumble as I grab a water bottle out of the fridge. "You're good for him Margot." She whispers as she comes up behind me setting her hand on my shoulder. "Tell the boys to come to eat?" She invites as she walks back over to the sink to start the dishes.

I make my way back into the living room to spot most of the guys on their phones and the others are talking. Nothing on TV. Funny Monty. Real fucking funny. "Y'all can come make plates," I say as my eyes scan over the room. Most of the guys jump up as soon as I say that. A few others follow behind. Monty is one of them. "Thank you," He mumbles against my hair as he pulls me in for a hug. "You have to be at the school soon, go eat," I beg as some of his teammates walk back out into the living room.

Friday 7:10 pm

The game just started. I can't find Ivy or Celia. And at this point, I don't care. I'm in the student section eyes on the entrance trying to see if I can find them. I know I should be watching the game but we don't even have the ball so Monty isn't in. Therefore, I don't watch football. "Maggie," I hear someone call and my eyes fall on Ivy. Thank God. "Where have you guys been." I say as my eyes flash between hers and Celia's. In return to my question, Ivy holds up the jersey on her skin. "Is that Matts jersey?" I ask in excitement as my eyes flash to it. "He asked me to be his girlfriend, over text, but he promised to do it for real after the game. He just wanted to make sure I had his jersey on." She explains stepping up onto the bleachers beside me. "Congrats," I say as I help Celia up beside me.

We're in the front row of the student section. Normally saved for seniors. But since Celia is a senior. And we all pretty much only hang out with seniors. We're down here. I look down at my phone as soon as the crowd starts to cheer. Fuck. I look up and notice Matty scored a touchdown. Ivy, on the other hand, doesn't notice. She doesn't like football. Hate to throw her under the bus, but the only reason she comes to these things is for the afters. I don't blame her. Shit. I'm supposed to be having a party tonight. And I don't have anything. Great. Fuck I can't just leave the game. Monty will notice if I leave.

"Lia?" I whisper as I nudge my shoulder into hers. "Do you still have that fake?" I beg as I face towards her. "What do you need?" She asks as she gets down from her spot. "Thank you, I'll text you," I say as I hand her my wallet. I text her what I need for the party and tell her to just drop it off at my house when she's done. As much as I hate her she's amazing. She literally does whatever I need her to. Maybe that's because she feels bad for trying to get with Monty every 5 minutes. Or maybe she's just a really great friend. Nope, it's definitely the Monty thing. I guess I can't be that mad about it. They did date freshman year.

"Right," I hear someone call from behind me. I turn to see Kevin standing a couple of rows up. "Hey," I say as I make room for him to come down. "What's up?" I ask once he's taken Celia's spot next to me. "I heard you're having a party tonight, and I wasn't invited?" He says sarcastically. "Oh shut up," I say playfully pushing him away from me. He grabs me and pulls me into a hug before saying anything else. "You and Monty, you guys need to fix whatever's going on." He whispers. "I know," I say wrapping my arms around him. "You need to come back more often. I miss having someone to complain to," I say as we release each other from the hug. "You complain to me every day," Ivy tells us looking up from her phone. "No, so yeah come back more often." She mumbles as she looks back down at her phone.

Friday 9:36 pm

Celia: Hey, got the stuff, dropped it off, I don't think I'm gonna come back to the game though.

Margot: okay, yeah, that's fine. There's food in the fridge if u get hungry.

Celia: Probably just gonna go home actually see you tomorrow.

Margot: okay love you

That's fucking weird. Celia never misses a party. Let alone if she bought the alcohol for it. "Who's the dd tonight?" Ivy says as me, her, and Kevin make our way down to the locker rooms. "Don't look at me," Kevin says throwing his hands up in defense. "I'm off of school for 2 weeks, gotta spend my time somehow," God sometimes I forget Kev doesn't even live in Cali anymore. "How's UF treating you?" I ask as he holds the door open for us. "It's good yeah, tell the boys to visit me some time though." He laughs. I can't wait for college. Just one more year after this.

Monty: where u @

Margot: Locker rooms

Monty: Take Ivy to the field.

Margot: 4 what? Places to be remember?

Monty: Hurry! Matty needs to ask her smth.

"Ivy, field," I say without saying anything else. Ivy and I make our way down to the field while Kevin stays to talk to some of the other guys on the team. "What are we doing?" Ivy asks putting her phone in her pocket for the first time all night. "I don't know. Monty told me to bring you down though." We make the hike down the field in silence. As we approach the field I see Matty holding up a sign. I can't read it from here, but apparently, Ivy can. She starts laughing and making her way over to him faster. Once I'm close enough I read the words that touchdown was for you. Girlfriend? God Matt sucks at this stuff. But its the thought that counts. Ivy hugs him while nodding her head yes before he brings her in for a kiss.

I'm not gonna lie I kinda miss having that with Monty.