1: Beautifully Mine

Start from the beginning

"I didn't see your parents in the corridors, could they not make it", He asked as if I expected them to be there.

I shook my head "They couldn't make it, but they said they'd drop by soon", I said in the reassurance of the plan of our businesses.

"I'm sorry they can't be here but you have Allison and I here", he said as I thanked him for his kind manner, he slowly tucked his hand undermine as the music grew louder and everyone in the pews rose.

I walked in gracefully hiding my tears with a pleasing smile, we walked with ease and grace as I looked straight ahead I saw the man that made this happen, only now he was smiling, I think it's normal to smile on your wedding day, but we weren't normal, we were far from normal.

Nolan stood there grinning at me in a clean black suit with the look of it, it cost around the price of a mansion. He smirked at me as he saw me stumble on the train of my dress as Nolan's dad tried to steady me I tripped on the lower length.

I searched the pews for anyone I knew and saw no one except the little girl in the second row looking down at her empty basket.

My parents never showed and I can't say I'm not surprised, I mean they married me off to a complete stranger after kicking me to the curb, is this what I deserve? As my parents put it "Yes this is what you deserve for being a bitch, and a brat" I was their only daughter and all I wanted in life was to escape the parties and the makeup and the banquets all I wanted was to be free.

Nolan went into my mind again as we neared the podium, I felt my knees quiver and my mouth get dry. I started blushing madly after I saw his smile, his smile attracted the audience it was radiant and handsome. He was just overall the hottest guy I've ever seen and let me tell you I haven't seen a lot.

His father kissed my cheek as Nolan reached down for my hand, looking all chivalrous. I put my manicured hand in his hand as he squeezed it. I stepped up the podium as his hand guided me to where I needed to stand. I stood as his hand on my hand would move a bit, he was quite helpful. As the ceremony began, I saw his piercing hazel eyes staring into mine. The ceremony went on and on until it came to the final part.

"Nolan Clemente, do you take Natalie Lawrence as your wife, to cherish and love, to protect and to be there for one another, if you do say 'I do'? "

Nolan looked into my eyes as I imagined him taking off running, for the hills. But he surprised me "I do", he said as he squeezed my hand.

"Natalie Lawrence, do you take Nolan Clemente to be your husband, to love and
to cherish, to protect in all times if you do say 'I do'", the priest said as my it dawned on me. I would be trapped in a loveless marriage. Would I be safe, yes? And in the world, it's protection, not love.

"I.. do", the words flew out of my mouth as I saw the glance from Nolan.
"You may now kiss the bride", the priest said as his face floated towards mine. He leaned in as his lips brushed against mine and he indulged himself in my mouth. I felt fireworks as our lips touched and as his fingers trailed up my cheeks, wiping away my last tear of the night.

He let go of me suddenly as the crowd roared and everyone stood up and clapped for quite a performance. But that was only something Nolan, his family and I knew about.

As I saw tears pile up on faces in the pews I imagined my mother being here walking me down the aisle hand in hand. She would
tell me everything would be okay and that she would always be there.