Battle! Violet City Contest!

I watched intently as Drew appeared on the screen. He was wearing his formal attire, his white button-up shirt, with a collar though he undid the top button, cream loafers which he wore underneath white ankle socks and black skinny jeans.

Drew had to mix it up somehow, didn't he?

Drew was in full contest mode. Nothing could wipe that small smirk on his face as he juggled a Pokéball encased within a ball capsule, throwing it up and down in his hand. The crowd roared and cheered for him, the fangirls going wild.

"Roselia!" Drew called, throwing the Pokéball into the air as the crowd grew louder, his signature Pokémon being released. A whirlwind of leaves were around Roselia as it jumped out, but they dissolved into the air as it landed, a single petal masking its face as it hit the ground, sharply dissolving too.

"Petal dance!" Drew said, flipping his hair as the fangirls cheered. Roselia lifted its arms as the petals swirled around it, as if it was the centre point of the tornado, the flurry of petals.

"Magical leaf!" The second part of this move was used, and Roselia produced a similar flurry of leaves winding up, and it now alternated between petals and leaves as they twirled around the Pokémon.

"Solar Beam!" Roselia shot a beam up into the air, the petals and leaves acting as a shield from the extreme brightness for the audience, who merely saw a sharp golden glow emitting through the tornado.

"Mega Drain Beam!" This combination had a name, and Roselia spun around as it destroyed all the petals and leaves, performing Mega Drain to suck up its energy.

"Solar Beam one more time!" Roselia's final solar beam was more powerful than the first, and their audience and judges had to cover their eyes.

"Now for our judges!" Jillian remarked.

"Wonderful performance!" Mr Conteta exclaimed.

"Re-mark-able!" Mr Sukizo emphasised.

"Roselia is the best Pokémon cared-for wise I've seen all day!" Nurse Joy admitted. Drew walked off with a big smirk on his face. I tiptoe-ran over to him with a grin, wrapping my arms around him as I hugged him.

"Well done!" Drew reacted awkwardly to the hug again and pulled away, causing me to pout. "You and Roselia make a great team!"

"Thanks..." Drew accepted strangely, looking away as he flicked his hair again, before scratching the back of his neck.

"Now we wait." I sat down on the bench and Drew looked at me weirdly. It turned into a stare and I looked away awkwardly, checking for a few minutes to find him still staring at me. Was I supposed to say something?

"Uh... Drew?" I queried curiously. He looked away again.

"You, just, uh... look nice." He said and I leaned towards him inquisitively, but dropping it anyway. I patted the seat next to me and he sat down as we watched the other contestants performances, waiting for Jillian to announce everything.

☆ ★☆ ☆★ ★☆ ☆★ ★☆ ★

"Here are the contestants entering the battle round!" Jillian gestured to the screen, which showed faces appearing off of the back of twenty cards. Drew's face immediately appeared.

Again I looked for my own features but again, found nothing. I hadn't passed the appeals, again. How? I didn't make one mistake! I found my eyes welling up and turned to Drew, my shoulder to lean on.

"May, you know I would, but I'm first." Drew said sadly and I nodded, getting up. He grew worried quickly, dragging me back to his side. "Where are you going?"

"To watch from the stands." I answered simply, in clipping my Premier ball brooch from my hair. I undid the ponytail before replacing the previous clip with my green bandana.

"Okay." He reluctantly agreed. "See you after? At the centre front desk." He arranged the meeting place as I took my fanny pack from the side, putting it on and placing the half ribbon in there.
I got changed the girls room and went to my place in the stands, all my Pokémon cheering Drew on.

He managed to get to the finals again, against some coordinator I didn't know. I hoped he'd win, at least one of us would happy then.

"On my left is Drew and on my right is...!" Jillian announced, gesturing to her left and right as Drew nodded curtly.

"Absol!"

"Meganium!"

So Drew's opponent had a Meganium? They must be from Johto, maybe it's their first circuit? I was about to get my Pokédex out but I stopped myself. I would miss the start of this important battle.

"Razor Leaf!"

"Dodge!"

"Razor Leaf again!"

"Dodge once more, Absol!"

It carried on like this a couple more times until Drew's opponent got tired. I knew it was Drew's plan to learn their moveset. Use their secret weapon early. He did that a lot, and saved his for the grand finale.

"Petal Blizzard!" Drew smirked a little bit, looking away.

"Dodge." Absol dodged easily. He was playing this person with ease.

"Petal Razor!" Maganium used Petal Blizzard followed by Razor Leaf. Drew smirked wider, turning with a flourish to point at Absol.

"Razor Wind!" The combination flew backwards, damaging Maganium from the excess wind as well as its own moves. I checked the points. Drew had lost hardly any and the other trainer only had half of theirs left. It had only been two minutes.

"Water Pulse!" Why would Drew use that move on a grass-type Pokémon? I looked quizically and for a moment he looked into the stands and our gazes connected. He only nodded at me. What did that mean?

The other trainer chuckled.

"Reflect!" Drew smirked. So that's what he used it for!

"Flash!" Drew used a fusion move, creating a blinding light. I shielded my eyes with my arm but produced a pair of sunglasses quickly, watching Drew's end. Absol and Drew signalled to each other before Absol ran past its fusion up to Maganium.

"Now!" Absol used Iron Tail on Meganium. Wow, Drew was really thinking ahead! Absol retreated as the light faded, and the audience saw a shaking Meganium and a happy Absol.

"Ugh! Poison Powder!" The other trainer shouted, stomping. Drew laughed a little. It wasn't genuine.

"Dodge." As Absol dodged the attack swiftly, Meganium collapsed and the judges pressed thier buzzers. A whole minute left, impressive.

"Well done Drew! Here's your Violet Ribbon!"

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy and Wattpad has been weird. Thanks for 100+ reads, and 35+ votes! Keep reading, it's about to get interesting!