8

I looked down everything dull. It felt as if a hole was punched through my chest and yet I was still alive still breathing and I didn't know-how.

The sound of the funeral was but white noise to me at this point. My eyes stayed glued to the floor refusing to look at anything. I was a failure. If I could trade places with my father I would.

The funeral continued until it was finally over. We returned home and I sat alone in my room in a daze. The same thought in my mind 24/7. It was my fault.

~~~~

Shinju sighed. She hasn't seen her student in three days since the funeral. Shinju knew full well she was blaming herself which she shouldn't.

He skill was impeccable for her age. She ordered those higher than her to save a life. She performed an amazing treatment on someone she was close to. She kept her composure not letting the fact it was her father shake her.

He should have died long before the medics got there with the injuries he had but she kept him alive. She revived him.

But none of that mattered in her mind. All she knew was her patient her father died after she treated him. No matter who it is the first loss of life when you're a medic will always shake a person.

Shinju was snapped out of her thoughts when the door to the training medical room was slammed opened revelling a determined Michiko. Despite the bags under her eyes, they held a fire in them.

"I'm done moping. Continue to teach me, please, " she said her voice never wavering.

Shinju had to admit she was shocked. She didn't expect her to bounce back so soon. Most people wouldn't be able to think about training or anything for at least a month if not more.

She was still in pain but with one looked Shinju knew Michiko desired one thing. To never let that happen again. So she refused to waste time by moping.

"shall we begin?" Shinju said.

"without delay, " Michiko said.

She began training. That look never wavering. She seemed even more motivated to do this. Shinju watched as she put the most work she has ever put in.

This situation changed her not for the better or worse. It simply changed her. Pain had that effect. Shinju just wished she wasn't so young when experiencing such change.

~~~~

Team seven began parking to head back to the leaf. Sasuke looked out a window his mind wondering to Michiko. He wouldn't admit it out loud but he missed her. She was always there for him no matter what.

He wondered what she had been up to the past two weeks. He looked forward to seeing her without even realising that himself. If only he realised just how much she meant to him. If only he accepted he cared for her. If only he could see her feeling for him or how much she cared for him.

How both of them felt for each other.