7

It's been a few days since the others left and I was waiting at the front gates for my father. He should have been back two days ago. I was getting worried. My mum told me to trust him and I did but my worry stayed.

I heard footsteps and I stood up to see my dads team. But I didn't feel joy or relief like I expected instead I got an incredibly sick and heavy feeling in my gut. They were carrying my extremely injured dad. One look and I knew the chances of his surviving we're slim. His team saw me and paled.

I ran forward without thinking. The guards tried to stop me but to no avail. I stood in front of my dad the smell of blood thick. Everything seemed so slow.

"dad, " I mumbled.

Something in me snapped and time seemed normal. My eyes narrowed

"Leave him here. Run to the hospital and get the medics, " I said.

They seemed to hesitate but after a glare they listened. I kneeled beside my dads dying figure. I formed a chakra scale cutting his shirt to see the major wounds. He's lost so much blood already.

I moved my hands to the largest wound an open laceration that was bleeding out. A broken end of a katana was lodged in the wound. There was damage to the left lung. He was drowning in his own blood at this point.

I cut the wound more so I could remove the blade. Once it was out a began healing my father. I held my tears back as I focused.

As I healed him I assessed the other wounds. He was bleeding internally in placed. Broken bones multiple lacerations. I hoped I had enough strength to at least keep him alive for the medics to get here. He began to move.

"dad, don't move. You'll make it worse, " I said.

"is that my little Michiko, " he said.

His voice gurglled from the blood in his lungs. He looked me in the eyes and I smiled.

"yes, it me dad. So don't worry. I'll have you patched up in no time, " I said.

He laughed but stopped as he began choking on his own blood.

"my dear little Michiko I love you so very much, " he said.

He stopped moving. I leaned my head to his chest and paled more if possible. I moved one hand to his chest while the other continued to heal his wound.

I closed my eyes I let my chakra surround his heart and I did compression with my hands as I did this.

It wasn't working. I force more my chakra to his heart. Please just start beating again. Please, please, PLEASE!

thump...thump......thump.

My eyes shot open. It was irregular but there. There was still a small chance. I just had to keep him alive a bit longer. That all I had to do. That's all.

The medics soon arrived and took my father with them. I panted as I sat on the ground. Blood covered my hands and the adrenaline I had disappeared.

I fell to tbs ground completely limp. The guards came by my side holding me up.

"Please let it have been enough. Please, " I mumbled.

~~~~

I stood in the hospital next to my crying mother. I was still shocked, frozen. It wasn't enough. I failed. It's my fault. If I did a better job he could have survived. My fathers dead because of me. I killed him. I killed my father. It's all my fault.

...