4

I had a piece of toast in my mouth as I ran through the village. I was so gonna be late.

As I ran I finished eating my toast. A few minutes later I arrived at my destination. I leaned on my knees panting.

" you're late, " a voice said.

I jumped and turned around shocked. I was met by my sensei and let out a sigh of relief. I plopped to the ground scratching the back of my head.

"I'm sorry, " I said.

She sighed and lightly shook her head. I looked down feeling bashful.

" let's begin, " she said.

I lept up and watched her carefully. If this was another test I had to be prepared for anything.

~~~~

Shinju was impressed by Michiko's quick response. She was now alert and ready for anything. It happened in a matter of seconds. Michiko had a good head on her shoulder.

Michiko moved to the side dodging a punch. The force caused her hair to sway. Her eyes narrowed. She definitely didn't want to be hit by that.

She again had to dodge another attack which she nearly didn't. Her heart was racing. She had to think fast.

She jumped back dodging another and quickly slid to the side avoiding another. Her hand wrapped around her sensei's wrist as she jumped up and over it to kick her in the face.

Shinju dodged easily but was now a few steps away from Michiko. They looked at each other planning what to do next. Michiko ran forward and used her hand to slice at Shinju who dodged. But she was shocked to see a strand of hair cut.

She looks to see Michiko's hand covered by chakra, a chakra scalpel. It was extremely sharp usually used by medical-nin to cut into a body. It was extremely difficult to use it in battle. And she seemed rather proficient in it. She was a natural for medical ninjutsu.

Shinju had no doubt she could easily heal any minor wound and also major. She might even be able to perform surgeries and if not she wasn't far off it.

She could probably also learn that technique, the one she couldn't.

Shinju was blinded as dirk was thrown in the air. She sensed Michiko behind her. She could have dodged but didn't.

When the dirt cleared a chakra blade was held to Shinju's back by Michiko. There was no doubt in Shinju's mind that Michiko was ready to become a genin.

Michiko let her hand rest by her side. Shinju turn to look at her and let a small smile grace her face.

"you officially pass, " Shinju said.

Michiko beamed in excitement. She didn't think she would actually pass. The air went serious gaining her attention.

"Before I start properly training you I must tell you the rules of being a medical ninja.
Rule one No medic ninja shall ever stop medical treatment until the lives of their party members have come to an end.
Rule two No medic ninja shall ever stand on the front lines
Rule three No medic ninja shall ever die until they are the last of their platoon.
There is a fourth rule but I'll tell you when it becomes relevant. But know this. Just because you will become a medical-nin doesn't mean you won't learn to defend yourself. I will train you in medical ninjutsu and fighting, " she said.

Michiko smiled happily she bowed down.

"thank you. I will do my best, " she said.

Shunji smiled. Michiko reminded her so much of herself. But a bit more well-tempered.

"come on. I'll treat you to some food, " Shunji said.

Michiko followed behind her sensei. She was excited to finally learn properly how to heal but also how to fight. She hoped she could become someone Sasuke could lean on.

They soon made their way to an ice cream shop. The two sat on a bench eating peacefully.

"tell me why do you want to become a medical-nin?" Shunji questioned.

"because there's so much bloodshed in our ninja world. I want to take away the pain. Heal them. Be someone to lead them out of the darkness. Someone, they can lean on. Someone they can trust, " she said.

"at the end there you seemed to be talking about someone in particular, " Shinju said.

Michiko looked down sadness filling her eyes.

"he's so annoying. Refusing to accept anyone's help. He just walks alone on his dark path. I want to help him. Be a light for him. But it seems I'm useless, " she mumbled.

Shinju looked at her student. She truly cared about this person but he only seemed to be hurting her. She sighed placing her hand on her head.

"You can only do so much. All you can do is always hold your hand out to him and hope he takes it, " Shinju said.

Michiko smiled up at her sensei.

"thank you, " she said.