Secrets out

Pete and I were walking to the train station now, Charlie was also there. I decided not to talk for the rest of the way home. Pete might think that I'm taking his friend away from him and I really don't like Pete's reaction when something of his goes missing. I could see that my shadow was dragging along behind me like it was a worn out dog. I was feeling the same way to. I sat at one of the benches at the train station and just sat there until the train came.

I thought that I might aswell do my homework on the train so I could get an early night. I looked at my hand and saw that it had nothing written on it. Usually I would write my homework on my hand but there was nothing there. It was just one colour throughout my whole hand. I looked at my diary that mother said was a useless piece of enviromental waste (shit), but I still use it anyway because Danielle gave it to me for Kris Kringle (KK) last year. It was green and had sparkles all over it. It was the best present I've ever had. I opened up to the page where it wrote today's date on there. BLANK. I can't believe it have I done nothing today. I looked at the bottom. It had skulls drawn and the word HOLIDAY.

I felt a light tap on the shoulder. I thought it was Charlie, but when I looked up I saw that it was Pete telling me to get up. I didn't understand until I saw that other people had gotten up too. I heard the train horn go off and it made me jump putting my ears into focus.

When the train had stopped completely the doors opened and a women with a pram came out. The women said thankyou but I just smiled in reply. You know when babies just look at you for no particular reason and you just stand there not knowing what to do next, well here I am. Wide eyes. Jaw dropped. I felt someone push past me. I turned to see who it was. Obviously Pete. I felt someone push my back with there hand lightly. From the corner of my eye I saw that it was Charlie. I went on the train with a bunch of people just looking at me.  What is their problem? They're are just as bad as the baby staring at me a second ago. I didin't have to walk around to find a seat. At this time in the afternoon everyone is catching the train home. I had to stand.

I felt like a loner. Pete and Charlie were on the other side talking about what boys talk about. Games? Boarderlands 2? 47 Gazillion GUNS? I looked out the window and noticed that it was a very nice day. A few clouds but still very sunny and it's now warmer than this morning.

I got bored of the outside world and started surfing through my phone. Making new playlists and then puting on the radio and then back to one of my other music that I had. I had 15 minutes to kill, and then my phone started to vibrate. I've never seen my phone do this before I usually never get calls. I looked at the ID it had written Danielle. I couldn't tell if it was actually her though. It didn't have a photo. I looked up at Pete and he was staring at the phone that was still vibrating in my hand. Pete gave me a look saying 'answer it.' I did and took off my earphones and pressed my phone against my ear.

I listened "Hello?" The chirpy little voice through the phone said, Danielle.

"Danielle?" I said quietly I didn't want to drag attention to myself on the train.

"Gee, Vanessa! When you answer the phone your suppoesed to say Hello!" She yelled. She had a point.

"Um... Okay! Hello Danielle. What do want?" I asked.

"Well my great sis, Eleanor a.k.a your friend, not saying that I'm not your friend but I am your friend it's just that -" I interrupted.

"Get to the point," I said with a smile.

"Well you know if you need any help with 'romance' I'm always here for you. Okay. Goodbye" and with that she hung up. It was better that she hung up anyway because I wouldn't have known how to. I plugged my earphones back in. I looked up to see if anyone was staring but there wasn't any so that was good I turned back to see what music was plaing on the radio and at the corner of my eye I saw that someone was looking at me. I looked up to see who it was Charlie. He didn't look away this time, I smiled and went back to scrolling through my phone to find a good song.