DNA and the love for music

Science, my third favourite subject, coming after music and maths. I know I sound like a nerd but I'm really good at these subjects, most subjects actually except for English. I was sitting at bench 6 in the science laboratry with Charlotte by my side. Charlotte was the best lab partner. She would always make everything so presice and usually she wouldn't care and would do a slopy job like she does in every other subject. 

Mr Dren, our science teacher, was blabbering on about who knows what. So I just flipped through my science book to see if anything amuses me, and let me tell you a lot of things interests me. Like the fact that I'm in love with Charlie and his not even the hottest guy at school. A lot of girls would sigh over Nathan the captain of the football team, I mean seriously his head is as empty as a..... as a..... as a fish bowl with no fishes inside that's how stupid he is where as my man has a brain.

"Vanessa? Vanessa? hello anybody there?" I heard a voice through my left ear. I put eyes into focus and realised I had stopped flicking through my science and was gazing out the window. I looked around to see where the voice was coming from, it was Mr Dren. "Is there anything that interests you outside that you would like to discuss with the class about?" he asked.

"Oh no." I said instantly. I heard people chuckling and quietly laughing at me. Well, as for Mr Dren, he had a serious look on his face now, just like the ones mum and dad always has.

"Now could you answer the question I've been trying to ask you?" Mr Dren asked. I put my serious face on and put my brain into focus, I can't be thinking about boys now, what would mum and dad think?. "What does DNA stand for?" He questioned me. This was the most stupidest question a teacher could ever ask me.  What does DNA stand for? pe- lease. I thought to myself.

I was so confident to answer this question that I smiled when I heard this question. "DNA. Deoxyribonucleic Acid." I said with a smile. I heard that there where girls behind me whispering and laughing and I saw that Mr Dren's mouth was wide openand then closed it quickly, like he thought I didn't know what it stand for. Give me a harder question I dare you?  I thought to myself. 

"That's correct Vanessa, well done. DNA stands for Deoxy......." He was now lecturing the class  what DNA stands for. We must be learning about DNA's. I flipped to the page where it had DNA written across the top of the page. I read the first few words and I was immediatly sucked in. I'm such a nerd. 

The DNA in your body is found in the nucleus which is in your cells. I read to myself I couldn't believe that this was the one thing that had interested me the most about science.

I was reading and reading like there was no tomorrow until I read one of the subheadings: Parents and me. Now this got me thinking. A whole heap of questions came rushing through my head. My parents, are they really my parents? and Pete is he really my brother? Was I adopted? No I can't be adopted, Pete would've told me. Or probably Pete is my brother and we're both adopted?  I gave myself a mental slap across the face.  Pull yourself together Vanessa, don't be stupid. 

I heard the bell ring all of a sudden and I jumped in my seat. I thought the shock would get me to stop thinking about insane questions but they come back into my head like a tsunami coming inland. I grabbed my books and walked towards the door of the classroom like a zombie but my face was more awake than this mornings zombie mood. 

I was just about to walk through the door when I heard someone call out my name. I stopped and looked around outside through the window but there was nobody looking at me.

"Vanessa!" I heard an old man's voice it was coming from someone that was in the classroom.

I turned to see that Mr Dren was standing at the front of the class looking at me with another serious face. I walked over to him. I've seen a lot of serious face in my life time to know where my place is.