t h i r t y .

Percy slipped through the camp, absentmindedly ignoring literally everyone as he headed for the stables, pass the arena and the armoury.

The sun blared down with him with a June vengeance, even his shadows were mediocre in the fact of Apollo's chariot, not that his dark clothes helped escape the heat, rather attracting it. If Perceval was anyone else, he was sure that his face would be red and puffy, sweat dripping down his back. However he wasn't anyone else, and he remained pale as death, a dark cool radiating from him.

He slipped past the stables, heading around back and leaning against the wall, and just as his shadows told him, Silena stood with a class of younger campers, explaining to them cheerfully about the dynamics and rules behind riding Pegasus.

She had tried to convince him to ride one, but he vehemently refused. Horses were a product of Poseidon, and there was plenty of hatred between his fathers. Not including that Pegasi had wings and that meant going into Zeus's domain, which was a big no.

And thus, he stayed grounded.

Heights just weren't his thing when considering the fact that an angry deity was willing to strike him down if he got too high.

Percy sent a small shadow to Silena, letting it curl around her ear and giggle with void-like entity. A small smile appeared on his face as he watched her stiffen slightly, attempting to swat away the shadow without anyone noticing, so as to not distract her from her lesson.

But, the shadow was persistent and Percy even more so, causing her to drop her hand in defeat, before quickly wrapping up her lesson.

Once the children all disappeared, cheerful for the unexpected early escape from class, he leaned back into the shadows, ensuring that he wasn't out in the open.

Silena slipped around to where he was, sending him an annoyed look that was mixed with amusement. The shadow finally let her be, slipping away and back into the shadow created by the stable.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling Silena into him with a grin. "'morning."

She looked up at him through her dark lashes, her hair pulled back expertly. "Percy."

He tutted, "oh don't sound so disappointed to see me." Percy pressed a kiss to her lips, "even my mother missed you."

Silena pulled away from him laughing, blue eyes sparkling. "Hades, Percy. You know nothing about flirting with a girl."

He pulled her back into him, pressing a kiss to the side of her head and she finally relaxed in his hold, melting into him. "For whatever would I need that when I have you?"

"Just in case your mom kicks you out."

Percy gasped playfully, "she wouldn't. Have you talked about this? I knew she loved you more than me."

Silena's laugh accompanied his as he pressed another searing kiss to her lips, they're shadows hiding them in the darkness to not be disturbed or spotted by campers or nymphs. There time together was a fickle thing, especially since they were so worried about Kronos and Luke.

He murmured, pressing soft butterfly kisses. "And how are you, Silena?"

She smiled, pushing him away slightly as they heard someone call her name, yelling that it was time for her to start ranking cabins on their cleanliness. "well enough, we'll talk more later, huh?"

"Of course."

Silena pressed one more kissing to his lips before stepping away, sending him a last smile as she responded to the voices of her fellow