Savior

Surprisingly enough, yes, I am still alive.

------------------------------------------------------

San's eyes shut tightly against the flood of terror that was bombarding his vision. He could only sit against the corner with his legs tugged into his chest. He questioned why he answered with a yes. He questioned why he was so alone, why his name was so important.

He swore at himself.

He should've been more careful.

There was no security here, it was technically a public place. San had forgotten with the luxuries of the company dance room how it felt to be recognized when he was working.

But maybe that was part of the issue. He didn't feel like he was working here. He felt like he was improving. Like he could survive without the fear of another comeback looking on his shoulders. He felt like home here, which was a lot more than he could feel anywhere else.

Was it because of Wooyoung?

Was that why San chose to call for Wooyoung in his mind when he sensed that he was in danger?

San was drowning in his mind, in his thoughts, and the black of his vision was doing nothing to keep the sensation of violated privacy at bay.

But the flashes were starting to go away.

San, his body pressed so violently against the wall that it was now warm to the touch, could hear the people were getting pushed further and further away. The hallway fell into something that resembled the underwater feeling and for a moment, San believed that he had drowned.

He slipped, lost his touch with reality and fell backward into nothingness.

But if he slipped, the hand that grabbed onto his arm ever so lightly was the hand that pulled him back.

It wasn't a tug.

It was a soft pull, a persuasion to return to the state he had previously been in. It was admirable, beautiful, and comforting.

San became conscious of his surroundings slowly and began to release the tension that was in his body. He opened his eyes to see Wooyoung kneeling next to him.

Wooyoung had given enough distance between him and the idol so that San would feel comfortable, so he wouldn't feel cornered and trapped. His eyes radiated nothing but intense worry.

"....Wooyoung?" San questioned, his eyebrows knitting together as he looked at his dance teacher, "Where are..."

"Hongjoong called the police, they're going to take care of the people," Wooyoung explained, "Mingi and Yeosang and Jongho took them outside. Don't worry about it, we have it under control."

San looked around at the empty hallway and for the first time felt a sense of peace flow over him. He could feel tears swarm his eyes in an unescapable surge of emotion and his hands went up to cover his eyes.

He didn't want to let Wooyoung see his tears.

He wanted to catch them all and let the shame that they brought disappear into his skin.

"Sannie, hey," Wooyoung cooed, quickly moving closer and putting his other hand on San's other arm.

He coaxed his hands away from his face slowly, slick with tears, and Wooyoung's heart grew painfully tight at San's face. It was flushed red with heat while even hotter tears made his face wet and his eyes bloodshot.

It was a sad sight, a terrifying sight that Wooyoung never wished he had seen.

"Sannie, you're okay," he whispered, then said it again to convince himself that it was alright.