Wooyoung's Mistake

For the next few weeks, San and Mr. Jung had gotten closer. So close to the point where Mr. Jung insisted that San call him Wooyoung, instead of by honorifics. Wooyoung often talked to San just as a friend, to build their relationship so that San would eventually be able to tell him why he was so lacking in confidence.

But while they were building the friendship, San was also starting to get very nervous about his next album drop, which was happening in a few weeks. The MV was about to start being shot and Hongjoong, San's producer, was trying to get him to relax.

"San, will you just listen to me for once?" Hongjoong spoke, grabbing the idol by his elbow as he was walking into the dance studio via the back door.

"Joongie, listen to me," San spoke, pulling his arm away, "Wooyoung-ssi is helping me. I'm...I feel more confident when he's around. There's no harm in asking him to teach me the choreo instead of the other teacher."

Hongjoong let out a sigh and took San's arm again, pulling him further away from the door.

"San, please. You don't know anything about him. Hell, he could be younger than you! Besides, how long has he even been teaching you? A few weeks? A month? Why would you ask him to teach you the choreo he doesn't know when you have a teacher that's perfectly good, who designed the dance, waiting for you back at the company?"

San shook his head and pulled his arm away again.

"You don't get it."

"No, you don't get it, San!" Hongjoong was at his wits' end. "Wooyoung, Mr. Jung, whatever you call him, isn't your choreographer and your teacher alone! He's got much better things to do than to go with some stupid idol to teach him the choreography for one song! You're taking things away from him, think about it, San!"

The idol went silent. He stared at his producer for a moment before asking, "How long have we known each other?"

Hongjoon rolled his eyes but chose to answer the question, "About ten years."

"You supported my dream as an idol before I debuted, didn't you?" San asked, "And I supported your dream as a songwriter and producer, didn't I?"

"What's your point?" the producer asked, annoyed.

The idol felt like he was going to start crying at any moment.

"Do you really think that I'm stupid?" he asked, his voice softening and his head hanging downwards, "Do you think I made a mistake being an idol? Do you think I'm not good enough for this?"

Hongjoong sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Sannie, you know that's not what I meant," he spoke, stepping closer to San only for the male to step backwards, "I just want you to know that your best shot at improving for your comeback is waiting in the company studio back at the company."

San shook his head and stepped back again.

"You don't know what's best for me..." San whispered, his hands grabbing the opposite forearms and he turned and headed inside the studio.

Hongjoong cursed himself silently and decided to let San rest for the moment, to calm down, before he went in there to talk some sense into him.

San, on the other hand, walked like a child that had been left out in the cold towards the private practice room only to find it locked and the light off. He went back to the large practice room, where a class was being taught, and peered in through the glass doors.

Wooyoung was teaching a room full of aspiring dancers his song.

Wooyoung was playing San's song and teaching the group how to dance along to it. But where San felt like he looked clumsy dancing on stage to the song, everyone in the room was so comfortable and happy learning the moves.