novem; red fox

He'd barely slept but he still went to work, but this time alone. He'd also brought that letter with him. It was haunting him.

MISSING PERSON REPORT

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE DISAPPEARANCE, PLEASE CALL ELIJAH KAMSKI ON 314-332-6476 IMMEDIATELY

Connor Kamski, 20 years old, was last seen a month ago (February 10th). He left for work in the morning but did not return home. Thorough checks of known locations where he could be have been carried out with no avail.

He is Caucasian, has a thin build, brown hair and brown eyes, and a fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a shirt and black slacks (his work uniform) but could have changed clothing (see attached picture of further reference).

His current whereabouts are unknown, but if you know anything, please get in contact.

And the attached note made things even worse. He hadn't shown anyone that part.

I know it was you. What do you want from him? He isn't used to life as a normal person, which I'm sure you're well aware of. Give me my fucking son back. I hope you're overthinking this, and regretting the moment you ever met my son. I will never let you live this down. You are a kidnapper and a brain-washer, but be a man and let my son come home.

E.K

He knew for certain that he wasn't a kidnapper, and that everything that'd happened was consensual, but it was keeping him up, and hanging over him like a shadow.

"---There's a visitor requesting to see you in reception, Detective,"

He looked over when the door swung open, and saw Dolores smiling at him.

"Oh... Thanks," He cleared his throat as he stood up, hiding the letter and note in a drawer before heading to the door. "---You seem... Off! Are you okay?" Her question took him by surprise, but he just nodded.

"Never better,"

He knew that was a lie, but he didn't want to draw attention to himself. He made his way down to reception, and knew exactly who it was going to be... but when he got there, it was exactly who he wasn't expecting.

"Hey, stranger. Fancy seeing you here,"

He stared, a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"---Oliver, I---What are you doing here?" He could hardly get the question out, but noticed the smirk on his face. "I think you know exactly why I'm here." His ex-partner approached him, and patted his shoulder as he passed him.

He just followed him back and lead him to his office, and was slightly shocked but definitely relieved to see him.

______________

"I can't believe you're a kidnapper, Hank." Oliver laughed as he leant back in his chair, folding his arms. Hank looked at him across the desk, and didn't have an impressed expression on his face. "You're not funny. That letter fuckin' terrified me," He took a sip of his coffee as he listened to him talk.

"---I got that case sent direct to me about a month ago, the kid's dad was demanding I find him, but... Obviously, I knew that he was across the pond with you. I've had emails and phone calls asking about you and where you are, how to track you down, but I've just told him to calm down and wait until I contact him."

Hank just shook his head, finding it hard to believe. "---He's acting like I've just murdered his son. I haven't, he agreed to come with me. But, obviously, it isn't being seen like that." He replied, rolling his eyes.

"So, instead of contacting him, I came all the way here to tell you all this in person." Waters was laughing, but he was doing so alone. "Look, this guy can't track you down, I've made sure of it." He added, but Hank wasn't convinced.

"But what if he can? What the fuck do I do then?" He didn't mean to snap, but the severity of it all was just... absolutely terrifying. "---Does Connor know about this?" Oliver asked, and Hank just shrugged. "He knows about the missing person report, but he doesn't know that I got a letter as well. I don't want him to see that... He'll get all freaked out and wanna fix everything," He said, and was just looked at.

"---I think you need to tell him about it, man. It concerns him too. I came all the way here to help you, and this is what I want you to do." Oliver spoke after a pause, and in turn, caused another pause. Hank wasn't sure what to do. He wanted to be honest with Connor because, like he'd just been told, it did concern him too... but he didn't want to worry him. Everything was coming undone; their whole plan of running away together was crashing around them.

And it might have just been all his fault.