seventeen - kai

i groan, getting up only to shut elliot's annoying alarm off. i flop back down next to him, and he fidgets beside me.

i immediately put my left arm back around him, and i shuffle closer trying to get warm again.

we could be late today.

just as i'm getting comfortable, the alarm sounds again. i sigh loudly, wondering how he's still asleep.

when it takes me longer to reach over to shut it off, elliot makes a noise from beside me.

i peer over to him, watching as he rubs his eyes and slowly sits up.

"two alarms?" i ask, rolling my eyes.

a small smile plays on his lips, "i'm a heavy sleeper!"

i smile at this too, shaking my head.

"breakfast?" he asks me, and i nod. i sit up further and swing my legs around. i shiver upon standing up.

elliot walks past me, and i follow him carefully. as we're walking down the stairs, he looks back at me a couple times. i assume to make sure i'm still right behind him.

when we get into the kitchen, elliot speaks up, "what do you want?"

i shrug, casually looking at the clock on the wall behind him. we have a while before school.

elliot walks over to the fridge, and opens it, sighing at the contents. he turns back to me, annoyed. "no eggs."

"what did you want to make?"

"pancakes!" he says, exasperated.

i think for a while, coming up with a neat plan.

i walk over to elliot, a grin on my face. i watch as his face turns ever-so-slightly pink.

"why don't we go back to mine, i can get changed, and we can bring some eggs from mine back here?"

he contemplates this idea for a minute, before nodding enthusiastically.

i laugh at this, and begin making my way to his door. i open it, but stand aside, letting him go first.

he slips through, quickly, and i watch in amusement as his face turns that familiar shade of pink.

soon enough, i'm walking from my room, to the bathroom, and back again. the bathroom being across the hall from my room.

i could hear mom on the phone from her room, so i didn't bother greeting her.

pulling a shirt over my head, i walk back into my room to see elliot still sitting on my bed, waiting.

i balance my toothbrush between my lips as i dart around, finding a hairbrush.

i frown, having to put the hairbrush back down again to brush my teeth.

elliot reaches over for the hairbrush and shuffles backwards on my bed, giving me room to sit down in front of him.

i try to focus on brushing my teeth but with leo combing his fingers through my hair and brushing it, it's impossible.

when we're all finished, i run downstairs with my backpack in hand. i quickly rummage through my fridge on the way out, grabbing the whole tray of eggs.

as we get back to elliot's i put the eggs down on the counter, and think for a while.

"how do you make pancakes?" i ask, feeling a little dumb.

"you don't." he states, simply, narrowing his eyes at me. i dramatically hold my hand over my heart and gasp, but leo shakes his head, amused.

"you heart's on the other side." he informs me, before giggling.

ignoring him, i walk over and grab some milk from the fridge, i try reach for the butter but he swats my hands away.

"i want to help!" i yell.

he giggles at this, and shoos me away. i fight it, trying to reach a ladle, when he goes to swat at my head. i immediately duck under his arm and dart straight for the flour.

"kai!" he exclaims, still giggling.

i snicker at this, hugging the flour like a a baby. leo dashes over to me, trying to pry my hands off the flour, but i refuse to let go.

after a little while of fighting elliot's feeble attempts at stealing back his flour, i find myself looking down at him, not really caring about it anymore. elliot's cheeks flush, and i laugh, poking his face with my right hand.

he continues for a while longer, trying to retrieve his stolen flour. but i only smirk when he sighs, pouting.

elliot crosses his arms over his chest, and i resist calling him a baby.

he looks up at me, and i tilt my head. his eyes slowly flicker around my face. i frown a little, after my own eyes flicker down to his lips. my eyes widen, and i'm more than sure that my face is redder than his.

when i look back into his eyes, i can only hope he didn't see. but a little smile makes its way onto elliot's lips and i find myself mirroring his expression.

somehow, we get closer to each other. and i'm almost sure he's doing this just to mess with me. i don't like him like that! why is my heart beating so loud?

elliot's eyes train on my lips and i subconsciously lick them. i feel my heart hammering in my chest- i'm sure he can hear it.

just look away already!

my face gets warmer and his head begins to tilt.

...and then the flour vanishes from my arms.

=====

word count: 903
*edited*
please vote!

hehe