Chapter 27

At Harry's house:

Harry: Ouch Stop! (Laughing)
Zayn: (tickling him) No way! (Tackles him to the floor).
Harry: (laughing loud)
Zayn: (stops tickling; looking at Harry intently)
Harry: (also stops) Uh...Zee?
Bell rings...
Zayn: (curses internally as their moment was disturbed)
Harry: (slightly pushes him and gets up; checks the time) Oh shit! It's almost 8.
Zayn: (crosses his arms; knows that it's Louis since he saw the texts) So?
Harry: (runs his fingers through his hair) Zee I... We'll
talk later ok.
Zayn: (annoyed) Why what's wrong?
Harry: Uh... I have to talk to Louis about something Zee. I'll told him to come here at 8.
Zayn: (incredulous) So you're gonna ditch me for him.
Harry: (furrows his eyebrows) What are you talking about? We spent almost the entire day together.
Zayn: (not impressed) So you did this because you had to?
Harry: Wha-
Bell rings again...
Harry: (sighs) Look we'll talk about this tomorrow okay. (Walks to the door)
Zayn: (frustrated sigh) Unbelievable.
Harry: (opens the door; smiles) Lou...
Louis: Hey Haro- uh...
Zayn: (faux smile) Hey Louis.
Louis: (looks at Harry) Is he staying?
Harry: No he was just-
Zayn: (crosses his arms) Why is it a problem?
Louis: Uh...
Harry: (quietly) Zayn please...
Zayn: (sighs; scratches his head) I'm sorry about that day Louis. (Genuine) I really am.
Louis: (didn't expect it) It's uh.. it's okay. (looks at Harry)
Harry: (looks at Louis; thinks about the events that happened later).
Zayn: (feels awkward and jealous) Okay Bye. Call me at night Haz... (hugs Harry while looking at Louis)
Louis: (looks away)
Harry: (grins) Ofcourse I will Zee. Byee.

🎗🎗🎗

Liam's House:

Liam: Zee? What are you-
Zayn: I'm going to jail Liam.
Liam: (confused) What? (Rambles) Did you kill someone? If that's the thing, then we have cut the body in pieces and flush it down the toilet. Or simply we can tell Harry to cremate it and flush the ashes down the toilet. You have nothing to worry about Zee. (Mumbles) As long as we have the toilet that is...
Zayn: (looks at him weird) Are you on drugs?
Liam: (blinks) No.
Zayn: (sits next to Liam) Are you sure?
Liam: Uh... yes. (Looks at Zayn; whispers) Where's the body?
Zayn: (shakes his head; chuckles) I didn't kill anyone....yet.
Liam: (furrows his eyebrows) Yet? So you're planning on killing someone?
Zayn: Maybe...
Liam: Okay it's easy. Let's google- Wait. Who do you wanna kill?
Zayn: (exhales) Louis.
Liam: Oka- (shouts) Zayn!
Zayn: (groans) I'm kidding Li! It's just that- ugh this is so frustrating. Harry and I were having so much fun.
Liam: Okay...
Zayn: And uh... I was about to kiss him...
Liam: (shocked) WHAT?
Zayn: (quickly; frustrated) But I couldn't! The wimp arrived exactly at that time. Ugh he had to destroy everything!
Liam: (pained; shakes his head; quietly) Good thing he arrived.
Zayn: (angry) What?
Liam: (shakes his head; pinching his nose bridge) Zee are you even listening to yourself. If you had kissed Harry, then that would've been the end of (motions with his hand) all this. Harry would've gone on a rampage! (Angry) Are you crazy Zee?
Huh? Do you have any sense?
Zayn: (in shock; doesn't know what to say)
Liam: (shakes his head) I'm...
I'm trying to help you Zee. You can't just go and kiss Harry. He would be devastated! You're his best friend! You know exactly how he'll feel about this; Betrayed. (Heavy sigh) Thank God Louis intervened. Otherwise Harry would have never talked to you again. It's already bad that Ni doesn't talk to me like we used to. (Frustrated) So let's just make it worse. Kiss Harry and then he'll never talk to you normally again.
Zayn: (almost in tears) I'm sorry... I just... I'm scared it'll be too late before I make a move...
Liam: (sighs; hurts) That's right Zee. You have to make a move. Talk to him. Make him understand. Just don't.... randomly give him a heart attack by kissing him.
Zayn: (wipes his eyes; nods) Okay.... Okay.

🎗🎗🎗

Italian Restaurant:

Betty: Mm... this is really good. You have to try this.
Niall: (disoriented) I'm not hungry.
Betty: (chokes; snickers) you're not hungry?
Niall: (gives her a look)
Betty: (gets serious) Ni...(places her hand on his) Are you ok baby?
Niall: (extremely guilty) I...I just... We need to talk...
Betty: (squeezes his hand) Ofcourse baby tell me.
Niall: (looks at her; struggles) I...uh-
Betty: (phone rings) Oh wait wait one second. (In the phone) Mom? (Grunts) I told you I'm on a date. (Shakes her head) Yes Mom. Yes it's my boyfriend. Uh... I'll ask him. (Growls) Ugh mum... No.. stop. Yes We'll use protection. Byee. (Cuts the call with a heavy sigh; turns to Niall; sweetly) Yes baby, you were saying?
Niall: Uh...I...Just stressed about the Renaissance, is all.
Betty: Oh Babe. We're gonna rock it together!
Niall: (smiles; holds her hand).

🎗🎗🎗

Harry's room:

Louis: This is just pure gold.
Harry: (groans) I knew I shouldn't have showed you.
Louis: Meany. (Chuckles looking at the photo of 1D when they were kids). Look at you...(laughs) You're like "Shit. I gotta pee".
Harry: Well for your information, I had to hold it for hours! And finally when we could leave these morons wanted to take a fucking photo! My bladder was about to explode and Niall was out there squashing it! Knowingly! Then Zayn kicked him in the shin and Liam carried me to the toilet since I knew I couldn't move a muscle without pissing my shorts right there...
Louis: (laughs throwing his head back; shakes his head smiling) You've got great friends Harry...
Harry: (fond) I know...
Louis: (looks at the photo) You were a really cute kid.
Harry: (pouts playfully) I was a hot kid!
Louis: (laughs) In your dreams cutey pie.
Harry: (flicks his nose)
Louis: Ouch. (Rubs his nose) Bad! Bad princess.
Harry: (shakes his head laughing) I'm wondering if you're trying to insult me or compliment me.
Louis: So princess is a compliment?
Harry: You tell me.
Louis: (grins; sings) You like it, You like it, you really really like it!
Harry: What? No I-
Louis: (smiling) I'll call you Princess Hazza and you will be my Princess Hazza! (Pinches his cheeks) Aww...
Harry: (whacks him)
Louis: (laughs)
The time passes in meaningless banter. Then after some time they sit in awkward silence.
Harry: (Just sitting on the bed watching Louis.)
Louis: (sitting beside him; tries to avoid eye contact for a long time; feels defeated as Harry is still looking at him; sighs) You're not gonna ask me are you?
Harry: Nope.
Louis: Why? you don't wanna know?
Harry: I do. But only if you want me to know.
Louis: (sighs) Ofcourse I want you to know Haz. (Sincere) I was going to tell you.
Harry: (serious) It's okay Louis. I'm not angry or anything. I'm just-
Louis: My mum died 2 years ago...

♥️♥️♥️