Prologue

(Larry AU - a small peek)

The world is a beautiful place full of diversity. Each one of us are unique in a different way. But some are quite different from the rest. These 'some' who were termed the 'special people' were separated from the 'normal people' in the society. They lived in different places, went to different schools, worked in different offices because the 'normal people' wanted 'safety'. They even called each other using different terms. The normal people were called 'the normal' and the special people were called 'the others'. But eventhough they discriminated 'the others' they were all one and the same... 'humans'.

As centuries passed they mingled and the world couldn't have been a better place. However some things couldn't be changed. Even though they accepted people for who they are, their differences remained the same... Powers. Yes 'the others' had certain powers and hence they had to study in particular schools to learn to control them properly so that 'the normal' were safe.

When one 'other' and 'normal' mated the normal genes were mostly dominant, however the cross resulted in sometimes 'weak others' meaning their powers were not deemed very useful. When weak other×other occured it resulted in either one. However when an other×other occured the result was a powerful other. Due to huge number of cross mixing throughout the centuries the number of powerful others decreased with only a few powerful others left. And the bane if being a double strong was that they had to put maximum effort to control their powers in order to not harm 'the normal'.

(And now coming to our story...)

Now in the 21st century, sitting in his classroom; Harry Styles, 17,  was trying really hard not to burn his teacher alive. She had been lecturing him for the past half an hour to learn to control his 'temper'- his major problem as he was one of the few left double strongs.

His uncle, who he currently lived with, has vowed to help Harry learn to control his power and to take care of him ever since his parents demise when he was only ten years old. And well... Harry had never been the same since.

He never talked to anyone about his parents. His elder sister Gemma was no exception. She eventually went to live on her own, but they still loved each other even though they would never say it out loud. Actually, he never talked to anyone normally after that except his best mates who have always been there for him since he was four.

Zayn who was Harry's other half, well in a platonic way, had brown eyes and raven hair with a blonde stripe. The typical bad boy. Next was Liam, the dad of their gang, always got into arguments with Harry... however they loved each other nonetheless. He had brown puppy eyes and brown hair. And last but not the least was Niall, the soul of their group. He made it lively with his laughter and playfulness (always got a nice one from Liam). He had dyed blonde hair and baby blue eyes.

The four always stuck with each other no matter what the situation was. They all had to face the sorrow of watching Harry's transformation from a bubbly innocent child who believed in fairytales to the heartless not so innocent playboy who despised commitment.

Harry with his wild brown curls, piercing green eyes and charming good looks could swoop any girl or guy he wanted and he used it well. The others called him cruel and selfish but his friends knew better. He didn't like to get attached. Not anymore. Even though he had good friends and a loving uncle he despised living; despised living with all the guilt and darkness in his heart and there's not a day that goes by that he wished it was him...

He listened to his teacher patiently because deep down he knew she was right but it was not his fault and he couldn't help it. Ms. Flack was one of the few teachers who knew Harry's past and cared about him. She was one of the teachers who knew deep down he did have a heart even though he didn't like to believe it. She just hoped that when he turned 18, he'd know how to control his power and temper and show compassion and love. It was a distant dream but she just hoped all this would change and Harry Styles will finally learn to love and be loved.

(My 1st Fanfic, the story gets better later..thank you!!!)♥️♥️♥️