Chapter 5

"So need some hand?" Cake asked

"Oh, are you sure you ladies want to help? I mean it is your party after all. I wouldn't want to bother you." Gumball said as he sweetly said feeling embarassed

"Oh no,we'd love to help :) " I smiled

"In that case why don't you ladies help me bake sime Huffy Puffs :) "

Baking?!! Oh glob!!

"Gumball you see,I'm not good with baking nor cooking" I embarassedly said.

Gumball expression looked shocked then regained his smile.

"You see Gummy, sugar here almost burned down the kitchen the last time she tried to bake. She even broke the oven. So why don't you handle the baking to me. "

As Cake said that, I felt embarassed. But I was glad Cake said that.

"I see." Gumball said as he held his chin as if thinking.

"Well then you could help me with the tAble cloths. Come follow me." Gumball held my hands and lead me out of the kitchen

I felt my face heat up again, glob Gumball held my hand.

"See you later Cake. :) "

I saw Cake widely smiled and gestured a thumbs up to me before we could leave the kitchen.

We walked down the hallway hand in hand. It kinda feels awkward,but I also feel happy.

"Gumball?" I broke the silence

"Yes?" He turned to me

"Uumm ah." How do I say this.

"Gumball you could let go of my hand now."

"Oh sorry." He then slowly let go.

"I heard Marshall Lee celebrated with you last night." He said emotionless. I couldn't see his facial expression as he was walking a little ahead of me.

"Ummm yeah." I said looking away

"I kinda feel sad how he celebrated with you first. That's why I want to make your party grand." He looked at me and showed me his sweet smile.

Wait what?? He's sad cause I celebrated first with Marshall?

I hinted a bit of jealousy in his words.Happy. That made me completely blush.

"Oh" is what I just said.

Glob I think Gumball's jealous.

"So what color dou you like?" Gumball broke the awkward silence

"Ummm blue I guess.,why?" I asked

"For the color of the table cloth were gonna put up later." He smiled

Everytime I see Gumball smile, I feel

More in love with him.

After a few hours of preparing. We went home.

It was already sundown.

While walking home.

"Sooo?" Cake asked

"What?" I asked the widely smiling Cake

"You and Gumball.working.alone?!"

"Oh...I think he was...jealous...cause Marshall celebrated with us first....atleast that's what I think it is."

Cake was about to say something when we heard screaminv ahead of us.

"Cake!!"

"Got it."

We ran to where the screaming was.

We saw a giant red worm looking monster with a transparent air sac filled with fluffy people in its belly. It was swallowing the flufy people.

I pulled out my crystal pink retractable sword Gumball gave me.

"Ready Cake??!!"

"Hell yeah!!"

We came running,charging the ugly beast.

Cake stretched her giant fists and punched the worm in its guts.

The worm curled in pain so I took the chance to slash the air sac in its belly,and released the cute fluffy people.

I heard them cutely scream. "Weeee were freeee!!" "Thaank youuu!!"

Cute

The worm got angry and flipped its tail toward me. I was thrown back and hit my back against a tree hard.

"Ooww. Glob that hurt."

"Fionna! Are you okey?." Cake cried out

"Yeah!"

Cake got angry and grew into a giant cat. Cake wrestled the giant ugly worm. Cake wrapped her hands around the worms neck,and step on its tail so that it couldn't move.  That must be my cue.

I jumped high in the air and held my sword high up.

"Hahhaha...Hyaaaaaaaah!!!" I was aiming for the head. When suddenly the worm screamed. It became pale white and shrinked like a dried raisin

"W-what the lump!!!  Marshall!!??"

Marshall sucked the red out of the worm.

"That was delish~" he wiped his mouth with his right arm.

"Oh!! Hey Fi!!" He smiled showing his vampire fangs.

"Glob Lee, you messed my attack.!! I had it you know! I can take care of it!"

"Geez Fi, I didn't come here to save you, I juust needed something to eat after waking up." He said floating towards us with his hands in his pocket.

"Jerk." I playfully punched him as he was near.

"So my favorite human, want to hang out?" Marshall said as he leaned forward to me.

I love the thought with hanging out with my bud.but..

"Fionna, it's already dark..Gumball will start the party in a few minutes,we better get ready" Cake said frantic.

"Don't worry cake we still have 45 min." I said confidently

"45 minutes isn't enough to fix your dress. Hurry!!" Cake said.

Before i knew it, Cake dragged me away.

"Bye Marshall!!! we'll hang out next time."

Before I could completely leave I saw a frown in his face. Now I felt guilty.