"Carter-"

"I'm doing what I can to keep you safe and that bîtch is out there plotting. I can't have you here."

My heart had went tight in my chest. "What if something bad happens when I'm in Howard?" I tried.

It was like he didn't give me a choice anymore. Despite the fact of letting my heart out, he was still sending me away.

"I'll have a few men up there watching you."

"That's not enough." I said now feeling pissed.

I get that Carter wanted me safe. It I felt safer with him. Was I being unreasonable? I didn't think so from my part.

"It's more than enough."

"So after telling you how I feel and that I wanted to stay with you and figure out what's going on between us, your still taking me to Howard?"

He ignored what I said and grabbed his beer to take another sip but I slapped it out his hand. The liquid spreading all over the place.

He exhaled a long irritable breath. "Tiana." He said my name with a firm tone. Warning me to calm down.

"Why can't I stay?"

"I told you why, Tiana. I'm not trying to argue with you so go to bed."

"No. Tell me! This is something more than that woman I came across at the club. You told me you have been thinking of letting me go for a minute now. What was the reason? Huh?!"

He shook his head and stood to his feet. His large frame towered mine. He gave me a look before turning to go into the house. Just in time I stepped in front of him and blocked the door.

"Move, Tiana."

"No. We're not done talking."

His irritated eyes never left mine. I spoke again. "Just tell me."

"There's nothing to te-"

"Bullshît." I cut him off angrily.

Here we are again. Just as we reach a good point we take ten steps back and I was sick of it.

"Since you don't have the balls to tell me then fvck you, Carter. I'm sick of playing good point and taking ten steps back. I'll be ready to leave to Howard since you want me to go." I said and turned around and walked into the house.

I slammed the door shut behind me and walked straight to my room and closed the door behind. I tucked myself into the covers and laid down, letting the silence hover me.

My vision blurred quickly and a tear escaped the corner of my eye onto the pillow. I sniffed and exhaled through my nose.

Why does he have to be difficult?

A half hour past and my eyes were puffy from all the crying. I was crying silently a lot of tears. I hated feeling like this. I really liked Carter and when I told him how I felt, it hurt when he still wanted to send me away.

He wasn't telling me anything that was going on. He was keeping me safe. His same words over and over. I understand he wants me safe but I can't be left in the dark and have an unexpected thing happen to me and I end up hurt.

I kept still as possible when I heard the door open. The door closed and the sound of the lock switching over had me alert.

Heavy footsteps stopped on my side of the bed and a hand touched my face. "I know your awake." Carter's husky voice filled my ears.

I kept my eyes closed. "Can you look at me?"

I ignored him. He sighed. "Open your eyes, babe." His tone sounding desperate.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He stared down at me and wiped my tear stained face with the pad of his thumb.

"What do you want?" He asked.

I allowed my hand to move on top of his that was resting on my face. "I want to stay." It came out as a whisper but I know he heard it.

He didn't say anything else but just stared at me. His thumb continued to caress my face.

"I'm sure. I meant what I said, Carter. Despite how we met, I grew to have feelings for you. I don't care what happened in the past but I do care about what's happening between us. I know you feel what feel Carter."

He stayed silent for a moment longer. It felt like hours passed until he finally moved. He leaned down and kissed my lips a few times.

I slowly sat up and brought his face closer. It started off as small sweet kisses. I shifted on the bed and he pulled me to straddle his lap.

This kiss between us deepened. I ran my fingers through his hair as he dominated my mouth. His hands cupped my bottom, bringing me closer to him. A moan left my lips into his as a new feeling came over me. A sensation through my stomach. Realization of what I really needed came over me.

I was ready.

I wanted him.

________________

Thoughts on Tiana?

Thoughts on Carter?

Tiana chose to stay with him.Their argument?

Things are heating up between theses two. Think they will go further?

TeamOne/TeamBoth.