17. People Change

Start from the beginning

"Good morning." Shiv said with a smile as he entered the room with a tray in his hands. "Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning. Yes, actually I slept better than ever. What mattress is this?" I said. 

"That's good." he said. "I don't know what mattress that is. It was all done by decorators. I just paid and moved in."

"And you say that you aren't a brat." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Ha-ha." he said in a straight voice. "Here, I made you breakfast." I said pointing at the tray he placed on the coffee table. I noticed that the curtains were open. I could see the Thames from here too. It was the best way to wake up.

"I will just go and brush my teeth. Do you have a spare toothbrush?" I asked him.

"Yes, It must be in the drawer under the sink." He replied and I made my way to the bathroom. I found the spare brush; It was still in its packet, I took it out and brushed my teeth. I placed my toothbrush in the cup which held Shiv's. 

"What did you make today?" I asked as I sat down on the chair near the window.

"I made waffles. We have strawberries and chocolate syrup. What do you want?" he asked.

"Chocolate syrup, please." 

As he poured the syrup on the waffle on my plate, I gagged and ran to the bathroom. I threw up and emptied the contents of my stomach. I cleaned everything up and brushed my teeth again. As I walked out, I saw Shiv walking towards me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I told you I will be fine. It happens." I said and we walked back towards the chairs.

I looked at the food and my gag reflexes kicked in again. I got up from the chair and walked away from the food.

"I am sorry. I just don't feel like eating." I said.

"Hey, It's okay." He said while rubbing my arms up and down, trying to comfort me. I could tell that he wasn't used to doing this. His hands weren't steady but he was trying.

"I am really sorry. I can't even look at it without gagging." I cried.

"It is fine. Don't worry. Why are you crying?" He asked while wiping the tears away.

"I don't know." I said in between the sobs.

.

Once I had stopped crying, Shiv went back to bring me some coffee.

"Here." He said while holding out the cup for me. 

"You should eat." I told him.

"No, it is fine." He said.

"It is not. I know you are hungry. Just eat."

"I don't want to."

"Please eat it. For me." I said.

"Fine, I will eat." He said and walked back towards the food.

"I am going to take a shower." I said to him and he nodded.

.

I stepped in the warm water and relaxed a bit. My mind was blocked by the amount of thoughts. 

What will we do? Will he go back? Will he stay here? Can we work it out?

I knew he could't skip work and stay back for me and he wouldn't leave me to go to work. I wouldn't let him be back and forth constantly.

We will have to find a way out of this dilemma. We had to work something out. For the baby.

The Accidental WeddingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara