❅ Chapter Eighteen ❅

Começar do início

Stella gently rolled her eyes at what he had said. "Oh, the same goes for you. You are much more handsome in person. His descriptions do not do you any justice." She may have been flattering him, but she just wanted to make a good impression on him. Rolando saw him as his son, and so to say, if she got married to Rolando, she would treat him like her son.

She then turned to Risa and she couldn't get over how pretty she was. She was so quiet but she seemed polite as she had just been standing there and not butting into the conversation. "Oh my, you look vaguely familiar, you must be Risa! Rolando has also spoken highly of you." She gave Risa a 'la bise', which was simply placing one's cheek against the another's, making a kissing noise, then repeating it on the opposite side.

Risa shyly smiled at her giving a small little wave and turned the la bise. "Yes, I am Risa. Rolando has talked a lot about you. I do look vaguely familiar? Hmm, well, I get that a lot." She glanced sideways at Vincent who flashed back an innocent smile. He was the one to hint at who she looked like and it was getting on her nerves. She then extended out the pie Marie had given them. "This is for you, Marie made it and wanted us to give it to you."

Stella smiled, taking the pie and bowing her head. Even though the pie wasn't hot anymore she was sure it would be just as grand since she placed it into the oven and warmed it up. "Mmm, Rolando, please tell your mother thanks next time you speak with her. I will certainly be happy to share this with you three later. It smells and looks divine." She held it up to her face and took in a big sniff then pulled it away.

Vincent found this moment to be the grandest to start his devious plan. It may not go over well but at least it was a shot. "Stella, may I present to you: the Duchess Clarissa Francesca Rosenberg, the long lost Duchess of Duke Nathan and Duchess Persia." He said in a posh voice bowing dramatically and motioning to Risa.

Rolando groaned and covered his hands with his face. He couldn't believe he was trying to do this again. "Vincent, I thought I told you to stop with that." He could not believe he had brought that up of all things to say. He wanted the money, did he? He shook his head, obviously upset with him.

Risa crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at him. "I am not the duchess! And for the last time, I don't look like Persia when she was my age! Can you stop trying to pass me off as someone I'm not!" She exclaimed, quite angry at the fact he was back on this subject. "Can you please stop it alright?" She didn't want to believe it and get her hopes up for nothing because it was very slim.

Vincent gave a smug look, although he knew they weren't too happy with him. "It is worth a shot. I mean, after all, all signs point to you that you are the Duchess, although you don't want to admit it." He said in a sing-song voice as he crossed his arms. He was pretty content with his words.

Stella looked between the two and then gave a soft look. "Forgive me if I offend you, they are quite right. You do look like a mirror image of her. That is an impossible thought, the duchess is alas not alive." She pointed out in a gentle voice. "So, you have nothing to worry about Risa." She gave her a gentle smile then looked at Vincent. "I will forgive your presumptuous behavior."

Vincent was glad someone finally pointed it out and agreed to a certain extent with him. Although she wasn't mad at him, he knew Rolando was no doubt furious. "You can't know for sure right? The countess and count think she is alive or else they wouldn't have put out a reward." He knew that if they thought she was alive there was a possibility she was.

Risa sighed heavily letting her arms fall to his sides. "Just because there is a reward, that doesn't mean she is alive. For all, we know she could be dead like her family, just as Stella had said!" She was tired of hearing this over and over again. She just wanted to smack him but knew that wasn't ladylike.