Battle For The Wand

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Ben walks into the room and everyone bows to him.

"Don't blow it, kiddo," Maleficent says as they watch the ceremony. Fairy Godmother gives Belle a hug before bowing to Beast and taking his crown. She places the crown on Ben's head as Mal stares at the wand. Beast uncovers the wand before Belle hands it to Fairy Godmother.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asks Ben as she stands in front of him.

"Oh, grab the thing already!" Maleficent says as the villains wait on Mal to grab the wand.

"I do solemnly swear," Ben answers Fairy Godmother.

"Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king," Fairy Godmother says as she touches each of his shoulders with the wand. Jane then grabs the wand from Fairy Godmother. The wand starts sending sparks out everywhere.

"The barrier is broken! We're free!" The Evil Queen says as everything shakes.

"Scepter! Now!" Maleficent says before it floats to her hand. Ally decided then and there that she wasn't going to let Maleficent ruin her friends happiness.

"No!" Ally yells as she grabs onto the scepter. They disappear in green smoke.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother asks Jane.

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane answers as Ben runs to stand in front of Mal protectively. "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Mal runs forward and start wrestling the wand from Jane.

"Careful, Mal!" Belle calls out before Mal is able to get the wand from Jane. Jay, Evie, and Carlos run from the balcony to be with Mal as she holds the wand out in front of her. Jane then runs into the crowd as Ben stands in front of Mal.

"Mal, give me the wand," Ben tells her.

"Stand back," Mal tells him as she has an internal struggle on what to do.

"It's okay," Ben tells her as he takes a step forward.

"Ben, I said stand back!" Mal yells at him causing him to put his hands up in surrender.

"I told you so!" Audrey says as she steps forward causing Mal to turn to her. Audrey retreats back to the crowd as the VK's reach Mal.

"Let's go! Revenge time," Jay says even though he didn't want to. The only reason he was doing it was to see Ally again.

"You really want to do this?" Ben asks Mal.

"We have no choice, Ben!" Mal tells him. "Our parents..."

"Your parents made their choice," Ben argues. "Now you make yours." Mal looks up at Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother and sees the fear on their faces.