One Kiss

CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22

"She's nowhere on campus," Evie says as she and Mal walk back into Audrey's dorm.

"Found her diary. And dang, did you ruin Audrey's life," Uma says from where she and Ally are laying on Audrey's bed.

"Okay. So did you find anything in there that we don't already know or..." Mal starts as she crosses her arms.

"She hangs out at Fairy Cottage. You know, where Flora, Fauna and Merryweather hid her mom from your mom," Uma explains.

"Yes. The irony is not lost on me," Mal says sarcastically causing Ally to smile.

"How could anyone with this bed ever be unhappy?" Uma asks as she flops back down.

"For real," Ally says in agreement.

"Okay. How do I look?" Celia asks as she turns to Evie.

"Okay. The bling stays here," Evie tells her as she smiles at her.

"But she's bad," Celia tries.

"And we're not," Evie tells her before Celia takes off Audrey's jewelry.

"Ben! Ben!" Carlos calls as they walk through the forest following Dude.

"These things just grow everywhere," Gil says before eating some berries off a bush. "Hey, we should play that icebreaker. Um, Jay, I like the way that you can bounce around and jump off things. These are free, right?"

"Yeah. Um..." Jay answers as he walks over to the bush. "I like how you get a kick out of a berry bush."

"I guess you've probably seen everything by now, huh? Furry rocks. Giant fish. You're probably used to grabbing lunch off of a bush," Gil says as Jay starts eating some berries.

"No. I mean, not really. I mainly just use the vending machines at practice. You know, tourney, kind of eats up most of my time. So..." Jay explains before Harry starts laughing.

"Tourney, that's a wee boy's game," Harry says.

"Hey, you know what would be fun? To go rafting on a jungle river," Gil says causing Jay to smile.

"Find a lost civilization," Jay adds.

"Oh, or maybe a penguin," Gil also adds.

"Oh, well, you'd find those more in like icebergs, but I'd love to see one of those," Jay explains.

"You guys are killing me," Harry says as he walks over to them. Harry hooks a berry off of the bush before eating it. "Hmm. P.S., your mutt went that way."

"Carlos!" Dude calls.

"Dude, what do you see?" Carlos asks.

"This way!" Dude answers before they start to catch up to Dude but not before Jay went back to get more berries off of the bush.