Bonus Chapter

He ran through the forest, leaving the guards trailing him in the dust. But you couldn't blame them for he was an Alpha. Even if he had lost his arms several years ago, he had adjusted quickly to his prosthetic arms which shift to paws whenever he shifted. His pack had kept him locked up, brought therapists to see him, trained him, all in hopes that he would recover from the loss of his mate. Yet he knew that his time was near. His wolf was taking over most of the time and every time he did, his wolf went ballistic. He couldn't keep his pack in fear and pack less, so he had decided to take action.

He is going to kill himself.

Even without him doing it, he could feel his death coming. Wolves who lost their mate don't survive for a reason. Contrary to what his pack might feel, he felt relieved. He took it as a sign that the Moon Goddess had forgiven his sins for being so prideful and so stupid for treating his mate so horribly.

He finally stopped just a few steps away from a cliff. A normal werewolf would survive a jump from a cliff, but not a dying werewolf. His wolf had stopped healing his wounds several days ago and he would die if he were to jump off this cliff. All these years he had waited for his wolf to give up and realize that their mate is now happy with someone else. Now that his wolf had realized it, he knew his body would weaken. One by one his organs would fail and he would have to face a slow and painful death.

He didn't want that. He couldn't take it much longer. He took a small step one at a time until he could no longer take one. He took one final breath as he placed his feet just beyond the edge.

"NO!"

He turned around, for what reason, he didn't know. His wolf who had remained dormant in his head suddenly pushed through the surface and shifted. When he arrived at the scene, he saw red. He ran through the meadow and tore the men head off, but he didn't stop there, he continued to tear their skin and crush their bones until their bodies could no longer be identified.

When he finally came down from his adrenaline rush, he realized the mess that he made. He tried so hard to feel remorseful of his actions yet he couldn't find it in him to do so.

"Mr. Wolf, are you okay?" he turned his head. The girl was crawling to get to where he is as those b******* had broken her legs. He wanted to shout and tell her to run away before his wolf could get to her. But, surprisingly, he came closer to her and licked her head. Her forehead was bleeding and she had bruises on her neck as well as her arms.

He didn't know why he had felt this overprotective over some girl that he didn't know nor why his wolf was behaving weirdly. He had lost count of how many times his pack had to restrain him whenever his wolf took control, yet here he is, acting like a loving wolf to this child. He was still thinking when she suddenly hugged him. His wolf stayed completely still, seconds later he felt her tears on his fur. When she finally spoke, it wasn't what he expected.

"Mr. Wolf, why are you so sad?"

He was able to shift back to his human form. This is a new record for him since the loss of his mate. He wasted no time in carrying the little girl, trying to be as gentle as he could. On their way back, the girl's crying had reduced to sniffles. His shoulder is now full of snot and tears, yet he couldn't seem to mind.

"Why are you crying for me?"

"Because... Mr. Wolf is sad... so Rin is sad..." she said in between sniffles.

It took him a moment to realize what she meant. She felt his feelings. She knew all the pain, suffering and torture that he had given himself because he had never forgiven himself for hurting his mate. She had slipped into his mind without him realizing it. There is only one creature that could do that.

"Are you a guardian?" Her nod gave him the answer he knew.

"What is your name mister?" Before he could reply, the guards who had been chasing him a few moments ago appeared by his side.

"Alpha Matteo!"