"Oh nothing too extraordinary." I avoid answering in too much detail. What happens in the palace stays in the palace.

Julia realized this was going no where and I knew she was ready to move on to the next girl to get this over with.

"Well, thank you for your time Miss Isabelle."

✿✿✿

"I just wanted to congratulate each and every one of you girls for being so wonderful during your stay here. And your interviews yesterday were very good, it gave us all a wonderful insight into each of you." The queen said, standing at the head of the day room table with a proud smile on her face.
"The next few weeks will be tough as some of you are dismissed, but I encourage you to focus on your relationship with my son and not about all the others." She continued in a serious tone for a moment.

She then put her smile back on, "A toast, to life at the palace and love in the air."

Everyone gave a polite applause before toasting with their glasses. I sat beside Harriet and Lola and opposite us were Yasmin and Stella, who had been chatting away happily for most of the morning.

We had only 2 more days until the extended royal family visit and we were all still planning like crazy.
I was talking to Harriet about my idea to decorate the trees and umbrellas on the lawn with silver twinkle lights and flowers.

The queen dismissed us to go and prepare so Harriet, Indi, Yasmin, Remy and I all headed outside with our ideas and themes.

Remy had an excellent idea to curtain off the area on the lawn with hanging ivy garlands. They were like curtains of leaves that we strung up around the perimeter along each tree, adding warm yellow lights around the base.
I helped Yasmin assemble the archway for the entrance that was 2 large oak poles with string lights winding around and a flower garland joined them together.

Since the winter months in Britain were nearly upon us so the sky wasn't bright and there was only a hint of sun from behind the clouds.
A few umbrellas were set up, just in case the sun would come out or it might start raining on the day.

We put cushions on the grass for seating and Harriet and Indi brought in the food tables.

"We could set up our stage over here." Remy pointed to a space we had free up the other end.

"Sure." I called, giving her a thumbs up and she smiled in return. Harriet and the other girls all came over and we decided we could finish off  the rest tomorrow.
Exiting the lawn by pushing through the hanging leaf entrance we all headed back into the palace.

We weren't allowed in the dining room since one of the groups were having their event in there.
"How about we check out the spa before dinner?" Harriet suggested.

"There's a spa!" Remy squealed excitedly, her brown curls bouncing on her head.

"Yeah, Prince Thomas had showed me on a tour of the palace, there's so many rooms in this place." Harriet said and led us all to the elevator.
"Wow." The elevator viewer out on a one way window over the city as we went upwards. Sadly it was grey weather, but luckily no rain.

"The weather is pretty dull around here." Indi said, noticing I had been looking outside, "Hopeful the rain holds off for the extended royal family visit."

"Yeah hopefully." I say as the doors open and us girls walk down the corridor to the room labelled spa.
A guard opens the door for us and I thank him as we pass.

The huddle of us girls in our gowns all smile as we see the shiny room full of bath tubs and nail stations.
A few maids saw us enter and came over to assist us.

I decided to have my nails done with Harriet while the others went to the spas, curtained off as they got into the baths that were filled to the brim with bubbles.

"I heard from Lola that Daisy was asked this morning to go on a second date with the Prince." Harriet began as we admired the many different shades of polish to choose from.

I picked up a pale peach colour and a clear glitter to go over top, "Daisy, isn't she the one with long brown hair? She's the one who's always wearing a flower in her hair right?"

Harriet nodded, "Yeah that's her, and the prince appears to like her a lot."

"She does seem nice, very polite but appears quiet. I don't think I've had the chance to talk to her at all so far." I say.

Harriet picks out a red nail polish, bright and glittery.

Two maids come over once we chose our colours and start by cleaning and shaping our nails.
"Hey, I'm going with Lola on a horse ride later if you want to join

I smiled, grateful for the invitation, "Ok, sure, let's give it a go. Would it be cool if I invite Hadley along?"

Harriet paused for only a moment before giving me a cheery smile, "Yeah, of course."

Across the room, Yasmin, Indi and Remy were all laughing as they splashed each other with bubbles.
No one else was in the spa room apart from a few staff milling around.

Once my nails were finished and dry I thanked the maid for her wonderful job and stood up with Harriet.
"Ok, well I should go change and talk to Hadley. Meet you in an hour by the stables?" I said to Harriet.

"Sounds good." My friend gave me a thumbs up.

We said goodbye to the other girls in the spa and left to get back to our rooms.

"See you soon Izzy." Harriet called as she made her way to her room.

"Bye, see you in a bit."

I was glad she was back to being my friend again.